I don't know if this a guitar issue itself, maybe this belongs in the Guitar Equipment forum...

I always try to make sure my technique is right first, or that it's just standard before I go blaming other things, but I'm out of ideas here.

Lets take the thinnest string, in this case assume the high E. I'm doing an arpeggio with tapping on the end and the tapping is on fret 22 with my right middle finger. When I tap, it sounds like I get some slight feedback even though my technique for muting is extremely refined. I've been doing sweep arpeggios for half a decade and I'm really comfortable with executing them cleanly, but no matter how hard I try, the tapping part comes out weak. Though tapping is completely fine with frets 17 and below... therefore what is making the higher frets so different?

I noticed recently when I plugged into a computer that the signal received from the tapping on high E fret 22 was really really weak. Thus it seems like the residual noise is coming from the pickups filling the weak signal with empty background noise. I'm using EMG 707's and my battery is fully charged, so I don't understand if this is just something I have to deal with, or maybe my pickups needs adjusting/checking from a guitar tech?

I see my favorite guitar heroes doing it fine, don't understand why I can't. Is this the general case for tapping out higher strings then I'll just have to practice more. I also have tried pressing down very hard with my right hand but I don't want to continue doing this because that would cause strain (and more pressure doesn't seem to remedy the situation anyways).

Any suggestions?
you could maybe try raising your pickups towards the treble strings, though if it's only affecting the highest frets I dunno how much that will help. But it's worth a shot since it's pretty easy to do and reversible.

if that doesn't work, I dunno. Maybe you have some high frets or something like that?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
they would choke the note. though that only tends to happen at one or two frets.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?