Page 1 of 3
http://news.yahoo.com/snowden-stole-39-keys-kingdom-39-nsa-official-001233254.html

"Snowden reportedly stole 1.7 million classified documents."
we all figured the us had lied about a couple things but damn,
Anyone else remember the guy who was ranting about the obama video he had showing him shaking hands with well established terrorists then ended up dead the next morning by "natural causes" after leaving a bar. I get the feeling if snowden comes back he too will have a "natural cause" of death after they have everything they need from him, Honestly he should just let it all out, get it over and done with so the people who are "sleeping" wake up.

What does the pit have to say about this?

A. He should do it
B. he should just give up go to trial and have cockmeat sandwitch for the rest of his days.
C. I dont care I just want people to see what I post
D. He should sell this information to the highest bidder then hide in a panic room
Whats goes around must come down
He made it public that the USA was violating Human Rights. To any standard that must be a noble thing. The fact that the USA hasn't been condemned more for their actions says enough how corrupt and scared our own governments are. He and Assange are heroes, yet not one is listering enough and doing something about it. It terrifies me to be honest, to know that the NSA is just tracking everyone in the damn world and there is no law that stops them from doing it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I think TS is the real traitor here.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
YEah my bad, i was multitasking with work, the pollis in the other one, I guess someone repot me or something?
Quote by ichiefG13
YEah my bad, i was multitasking with work, the pollis in the other one, I guess someone repot me or something?

You can delete it yourself by editing your first post in the thread. There's a delete option around there
He or his sources etc should stop leaking stuff and only then he can have his amnesty.
He didn't release the names of his immediate colleagues to my knowledge. No apparent motives for monetary gain exist. He gave up his life to make gross human rights violations known.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
This thread is now about Lisa Snowdon

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
excellent snowballs.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by captaincrunk
is she single?

As if you would have a chance, Captain spunk.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
She dated George Clooney so nobody has a fecking chance
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Neo Evil11
He made it public that the USA was violating Human Rights. To any standard that must be a noble thing. The fact that the USA hasn't been condemned more for their actions says enough how corrupt and scared our own governments are. He and Assange are heroes, yet not one is listering enough and doing something about it. It terrifies me to be honest, to know that the NSA is just tracking everyone in the damn world and there is no law that stops them from doing it.

I get the argument for Snowden, but Assange is no "hero".
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by JustRooster
He didn't release the names of his immediate colleagues to my knowledge. No apparent motives for monetary gain exist. He gave up his life to make gross human rights violations known.

And still no justice. Then when it is brought up the topic changes to something completely irrelevant. anyways ron paul is laughing his old arse off, saying
Attachments:
haha.jpg
i don't blame snowden for releasing the information he did, but he also stole tons of sensitive information that wasn't related to human rights violations. the most logical explanation is that he took it as an insurance policy.

i don't think he's a super noble guy. he did something good, for sure. all the people saying "he abandoned his awesome life, why would he do that if it wasn't for noble purposes?!?!" well we have no idea how he felt about his life. maybe his wife was cheating on him. maybe their marriage was unhappy. maybe he hated his job. maybe he hated everything.

all i know is that a guy who's an actual altruist and is doing something to "protect the american people and the world" doesn't steal information that, if released, could place american national security in jeopardy. (and making people pissed at the NSA isn't the same thing as placing national security in jeopardy).

the guy has a lot of potentially dangerous shit and was given asylum by the country with one of the most dangerous intelligence services in the world who we've had a tense relationship with since the cold war. and they're also the country who had a whole spy cell in our country for a looooong time.

snowden's a sack of shit who did a good thing. don't give him too much credit.
Quote by ichiefG13
And still no justice. Then when it is brought up the topic changes to something completely irrelevant. anyways ron paul is laughing his old arse off, saying

Are you swapping sides? Didn't you just make at thread about him being a traitor? The topic was about his status, not what has happened as a result of his actions.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Dreadnought
I get the argument for Snowden, but Assange is no "hero".

Stfu. He's spreading the secret information and making sure his sources keep safe. He is being a martyr in the that embassey. Suffering for all of us. He's like Jesus. Those women he came in should be happy. Who wouldn't want to give birth to the children of Jesus?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Stfu. He's spreading the secret information and making sure his sources keep safe. He is being a martyr in the that embassey. Suffering for all of us. He's like Jesus. Those women he came in should be happy. Who wouldn't want to give birth to the children of Jesus?

Amen.

Snowden should change his last name to Mother Russia.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by JustRooster
Are you swapping sides? Didn't you just make at thread about him being a traitor? The topic was about his status, not what has happened as a result of his actions.

Damn I guess I need to specify more, Im was talking aobut the u.s. actions not his
Quote by LostLegion
You can delete it yourself by editing your first post in the thread. There's a delete option around there

Thanks guy I never knew that , on it now
Quote by Philip_pepper
The NSA wants to offer him amnesty. Why? Because Snowden is leaving the best for last.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25399345

We've ain't seen nothin' yet.

If there are other human rights violations that he hasn't revealed, then he obviously doesn't give a shit about revealing human rights violations and was using this as a bargaining chip.

If what's left is sensitive information that would cripple national security, then he's a sack of shit with a powerful bargaining chip.
Quote by progdude93
If there are other human rights violations that he hasn't revealed, then he obviously doesn't give a shit about revealing human rights violations and was using this as a bargaining chip.

If what's left is sensitive information that would cripple national security, then he's a sack of shit with a powerful bargaining chip.

9/11 truths?
Alien stuff?
JFK assassination details?
Obama jacked off Putin?

I, for one, welcome our new truth overlord.

EDIT: But honestly, it could be anything.
All I'm saying is that if he has information that the public "deserves to know," then his not releasing them indicates he's a piece of shit who violates his own supposed morals.
Ok guys stick with me.

Snowden.

Snowed in.

Snow Den.

Now keep with me.

Snowden snowed den snow snowed en snow sno wden snowden snowed en.

I think I uncovered the truth.

Quote by progdude93
All I'm saying is that if he has information that the public "deserves to know," then his not releasing them indicates he's a piece of shit who violates his own supposed morals.

Well how did you feel after "big brother" didn't turn out to be just a conspiracy? The world needs to know, even if it brings the end.
Quote by Nelshizzle

Snowden snowed den snow snowed en snow sno wden snowden snowed en.

I think I uncovered the truth.

You forgot to mention that all of this happened on Mt Snowden.

Quote by ichiefG13
The world needs to know, even if it brings the end.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I feel like in this day and age, it's more common to hear the idea of "the truth must be made known!" even if that truth kills loads of people in the process. I know everything can't be perfect, and people die for noble causes and stuff, but there are some things that really are just better unknown.
Last edited by Baby Joel at Dec 16, 2013,
Quote by progdude93

I disagree.

He's not going to release his greatest ace because that would make the other violations by the NSA look minor. He's not even released 2% of the information he's collected.
Quote by Baby Joel

I feel like in this day and age, it's more common to hear the idea of "the truth must be made known!" even if that truth kills loads of people in the process. I know everything can't be perfect, and people die for noble causes and stuff, but there are some things that really are just better unknown.

^ Reminds me of when Rorschach doesn't make compromises and goes on to tell the truth to the whole world about the energy blasts, even though it would spark world war 3, and Dr. Manhattan farts and turns him into a Rorschach shit blot.

Quote by Baby Joel

So you would rather live in a world of ignorance? I get it.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I disagree.

He's not going to release his greatest ace because that would make the other violations by the NSA look minor. He's not even released 2% of the information he's collected.

wut

that's dumb, even coming from you. "we're not gonna press charges on your serial murdering, because that would make your rape charges look insignificant."

i repeat: if there are human rights violations that he supposedly believes the world NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT, then his not releasing them is evidence that he doesn't actually give a shit about informing the public about human rights violations.
Quote by ichiefG13
So you would rather live in a world of ignorance? I get it.

Yes because that's exactly what I'm saying.

Which of these sounds better to you:
1) Complete ignorance but no sense of security at all.
2) Complete security but no sense of knowledge at all.

Obviously they're both dumb, which is why I don't support either idea, and never indicated that I did. I think some things are better left uncovered. Not all, but some. I think there needs to be a compromise between complete ignorance and complete un...ignorance (not my best work there).
Quote by progdude93
wut

that's dumb, even coming from you. "we're not gonna press charges on your serial murdering, because that would make your rape charges look insignificant."

i repeat: if there are human rights violations that he supposedly believes the world NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT, then his not releasing them is evidence that he doesn't actually give a shit about informing the public about human rights violations.

If he releases that info, the "big one", what's going to stop him from being killed?

He knows what he's doing.
Maybe because I work in a "communications exploitation" role in the military I'm biased, but I have no idea why people make such a big deal out of any of the things revealed by snowden.

The way I see it is that you wouldn't send a messenger pigeon with information and not realise that it may be read. This is exactly how communications work unless you have a direct line.

The SIGINT community has not the interest, the time, nor the care in any of your emails or communications. If you transmit something out into the ether someone will hear it.

All snowden has done is revealed capabilities of the SIGINT community and allowed people who have something to hide find a workaround.

For example the reason they can get your location from phone records is because in order for a mobile phone to work it has a specific slot in a TDMA system and because radio waves take time to travel the further away from a base station you are the longer it will take. So a base station is split into sectors to maximise frequency use (frequency bandwith is expensive) and so the phones must transmit at the correct time to get the slot. This is why they can get your location from phones by just looking at phone records.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timing_advance
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Dec 16, 2013,
Quote by Baby Joel

It's true that disclosing information without regard for the potential consequences is so reckless as to be morally repugnant. However, nobody has clearly enunciated exactly what those ill consequences might be, or if any consequences of his released information have actually been bad at all.

I'm aware that the post I'm quoting here is talking in a general sense and not specifically as it relates to this case, but it needs to be restated that Snowden's releases have not been shown to have "[killed] loads of people in the process".
Page 1 of 3