Hello!
I need some help. Recently I bought Gibson SGJ (cheaper 24 fret version of standard SG, but hey, it's Gibson). In music store I asked for case for my beauty, and dude gave me Epiphone g-400 case (http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-SG-CASE-LIST this one exactly). And here is my question. Is this case good for Gibson SGJ? everything fits perfectly, head are safe, no free space, like it should be, but I've never had SG before, and one thing that wonders me is body, which not lay with entire surface, just like 40%, rest of body is really slightly supported, and further guitar is laying on neck (no problems here). Is that normal for SG's?

Thank you in advance!
Is this case good for Gibson SGJ? everything fits perfectly, head are safe, no free space, like it should be

I think you answered yourself...

It happens sometimes that epis and gibs cases are not exactly the same, but if you like the fit...

However, I personally don't like when the back of the guitar does not lay down completly inside the case (like yours?).
Quote by Taz9

However, I personally don't like when the back of the guitar does not lay down completly inside the case (like yours?).

Exactly this. I don't know if this could be bad for my guitar, or if this pretty normal, any SG owner with case here?
I have an SG Standard in the original Gibson case and mine lays down completely in the case. However, as long as your guitar doesn't move in the case while closed, you should be safe.
I have a Gibson SG spesh in an Epi hard case. Cant think off the top of my head how it lays. Cant say ive ever noticed any problems with it. Fits in nice and snug.

I THINK the guitar is mainly supported on the middle of the neck and the bottom of the body with light support in between. Irrelevent really cos 9/10 the case will be on its side!
Quote by I K0nijn I
I have an SG Standard in the original Gibson case and mine lays down completely in the case. However, as long as your guitar doesn't move in the case while closed, you should be safe.

the gibson hard shell cases fit my Gibson SG's perfectly. fully supported, bpdy to neck joint neck to headstock area, like a glove.

i wouldn't carry around a case that isn't fully supported.

however i am a little odd when it comes to certain things and this is one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Same for me on the fit, if that wasn't clear. The Gibson case fits perfectly.

Unless you're flying or throwing your guitars around, I don't think it will cause a lot of problems to have a hardshell case that leaves some space, even though the guitar can't move in any way; if it's for "normal" use (safe transport to gigs, rehearsals, sessions and whatnot).