Looking for any info that I can get on this guitar, bought it at a garage sale this last summer and was just interested on what it has for value, type of wood, and anything else that may be interesting, thanks!
Sorry for the photos being so large also, new to the forum, did not realize they would do that. Also has it's original case in ok shape.
There's a guy on the fretboard forum (the offshoot of the old musicradar/guitarist magazine forum when it shut) who has a lot of kawais. Ttony (something like that) I think his username is, I'm sure you could do a search on kawais over there and get his name for sure. He might be able to help.

www.thefretboard.co.uk
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Obviously I can't say for sure that he can help, but he does seem to collect them, he has a bunch if I remember correctly. Good luck.

If that doesn't work you could try one of the japanese guitar forums (forums for japanese guitars, not japanese language guitar forums )- the tokai forum has subforums related to other non-tokai japanese guitars, and there are other forums like japanaxe etc. too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks, think I found him hopefully he can give me some type of info, dug all around on the net to find something on this specific model and was just about to give up and just enjoy it until I was recommended to a forum, hah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by collin6060
Thanks, think I found him hopefully he can give me some type of info, dug all around on the net to find something on this specific model and was just about to give up and just enjoy it until I was recommended to a forum, hah.

Unfortunately, he (that's me) wasn't much help - I've never been interested in the pre-late 70's era of Kawai guitars. Which means that I know a little about a very, very, *very* small range of guitars!!

If anyone else has any other Kawai Qs, you can always contact me via www.kawaiguitars.com which is my personal site rather than anything to do with the company itself.

Thanks also to Dave_MC for remembering, and pointing Collin to www.theFretBoard.co.uk. We've just had our 4,000,000 page hit, since going live just over 4 months ago. Ok, still small compared to some sites (!), but we're building a fairly solid UK base.

Last edited by GuiTony at Dec 17, 2013,
I didn't realise you were on here too

Just watch with the advertising- I think it's something of a grey area and if it's relevant to the thread I think you'll probably get away with it (don't quote me on that ) but I don't want you to get banned over here
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I didn't realise you were on here too

I'm here about as often as Santa. I only saw this thread because of a saved Google search (for "Kawai guitar" naturally enough!), so thanks again for pointing Collin that those 2 sites that I won't mention again by name.

(I hadn't thought of them as "advertising", but I can see that they might be interpreted as such).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?