Hey guys, I need some advice. I am in no way a newbie when it comes to home recording, I've been doing it for years.

I bought myself an M-Audio Producer USB Microphone recently and I've never been able to get real time recordings from it, It has a delay of a second or so which can cause a lot of problems unless I'm doing a ghost track or something.

I use a Toneport UX2 for the majority of my recording and there are no latency issues with it, but any USB Microphone or Midi Keyboard that I use comes with a delay.

I record my songs using Ableton Live 8 Suite. Any advice? Thanks guys.
If you have a USB interface... why did you buy a USB mic?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Are you trying to run the Mic and Interface at the same time?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I've tried the ASIO4all drivers which didn't change a thing, The latency issues still occur using the Demo version of Pro Tools that came with the mic. I don't use the interface and the USB micat the same time.
What are the settings you're using with the mic? Buffering etc?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I have tried every setting I can find, It has to be a hardware problem, The Mic doesn't have it's own program, settings are changed in which ever recording program I use. Also my wireless gaming headset has the exact same latency issue.
What's your buffer size set to at the moment?

If both your USB mic and wireless headset have the same issue then it's your PC that's the problem. The bottleneck with latency will be how fast your PC can process audio. The slower it is, the greater the buffer size will need to be, the more latency you'll get.
Last edited by tim_mop at Dec 19, 2013,
Are you using a desktop or laptop? If you have a desktop, use a different USB port. For example, if you are using a front port for the interface, try to use a rear port for your mic. This allows both devices to utilize a different bus instead of fighting for resources.

You could also have ports that work at different speeds. I found out my laptop only has 1 USB 2.0 port while the rest are 1.0. This will make a difference on data transfer speeds and latency.

Hope this is of some use to you. Cheers!