So I got a new song up a few weeks ago, my first track using my Sterling JP70! Maybe that influenced the more riff-oriented direction I went with this. I still tried to focus on getting some melodic themes going through the song. I'm very proud of the middle section, where everything drops out except some fingerpicked clean guitar then builds back in.

I will C4C, so feel free to leave me a link and I'll check it out!

If you enjoy the song, I'm on Facebook, Twitter, and Reverbnation! I'd appreciate any support!

https://soundcloud.com/thenocturnaldawn/in-memoriam
This is pretty good, I like the chords, and the guitar playing is really good. But dude that lead tone is awful. And the song kinda centers around that so I would change it. I think you should try writing some songs without solos too to work strictly on composition. I also think the center part where stuff mellows out happens abruptly. Again, the riff is good but it needs better tone and context I think. Other than that it's a solid effort man.

Here's what I wrote today on my sick day .-.

https://soundcloud.com/vincent_wisehoon/andromedan-presence
Thanks for the honest feedback! Just to clarify: did you not like the lead tone, melodies or both? And what do you think I could do to improve it?

Will check your song out. I'd do it now, but I'm supposed to be studying for a biology test ._.
Quote by ibanez1997
Thanks for the honest feedback! Just to clarify: did you not like the lead tone, melodies or both? And what do you think I could do to improve it?

Will check your song out. I'd do it now, but I'm supposed to be studying for a biology test ._.

Well why are you on the internet doood?

Just the tone man. If it's going to be that melodic it needs to sound less synthetic imo.
Quote by CF_Mono
Well why are you on the internet doood?

Just the tone man. If it's going to be that melodic it needs to sound less synthetic imo.

I wish I knew

Thanks!
I have to say that I do like the tone. And just like you said I really like how it builds back after the middle section even though I would have opted for a guitar solo instead of going back to the main melody. But that's just my personal opinion.

Did you play all the instruments? I really liked it
Thanks! Yeah, I played guitars and bass and programmed drums with this: www.rhythmrascal.com. I've been thinking of upgrading to Superior Drummer at some point, but can't really afford it atm :P

Thanks for listening! Followed you back on SoundCloud.