Page 1 of 2
So, I was told to redirect my question to this forum.
Here is maybe an interesting one. I've been dating my current girlfriend for about a year. We are both very much metal heads except we are into different subgenres. Its always been difficult in finding an overlap but not too bad...
My favorite bands are: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, and Gamma Ray Whilst hers are: Slayer, Overkill, Megadeth, Suicidal Tendencies, and Anthrax.

Anyway recently its been pretty difficult finding bands that we can both enjoy, anyone have any suggestions for us?
Some we currently agree are: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Early Megadeth(Past 5 albums have been really uggg), Annihilator, Enforcer, Accept, Anthrax, Warbringer, Death Angel, Exciter, Metal Church, and Early Metallica.
lol, why does it matter? The whole point of a relationship is that both parties bring different things to the table, you recommend each other things, you don't change your tastes so that you can be one individual being rather than two different people who can share the things they love with each other.

Guess what? My girl hates Kanye West, she still listens to him, I hate Al Green, I still listen to him. You know why? Because I care about her for more reasons than the music she likes. This is a dumb thread. Grow up.
Quote by Baby Joel
So you both like metal, and can't agree on what to like?

wow. Aren't you both fickle.

Yeah, because you obviously weren't a fickle little pickle when you were 12.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Pretty sure all the bands you named are the same, I see no problem
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Are you serious dude?

My wife listens to Lady Gaga and this is what you're complaining about? lol

Fortunate for both of us music is secondary in our lives, to yknow, real life.

EDIT: Funny she listens to manlier metal than you
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by jaybsp

Guess what? My girl hates Kanye West, she still listens to him, I hate Al Green, I still listen to him. You know why? Because I care about her for more reasons than the music she likes. This is a dumb thread. Grow up.

You tell them to grow up just because they're asking about things they can both enjoy? That doesn't imply that they don't have any tolerance for the things they don't enjoy about each other's taste.

They listen to metal tho, so I guess your advice still stands.
I don't really see anything wrong with listening to music together O_o
If anything its a branching out thing, where we live the metal scene is pretty poor so exposure is limited. It makes finding new music hard.

I'm not saying we don't get along because we don't like each others music or that it is a must that we do, I was just curious as to whether any of you knew of any bands that are similar to the ones we both like.
Quote by zennihilist
If anything its a branching out thing, where we live the metal scene is pretty poor so exposure is limited. It makes finding new music hard.

I know a good way to find music. It's called "this century". Try living in it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by zennihilist
I don't really see anything wrong with listening to music together O_o

That's chill. But you should be willing to listen to music that you don't really like if the other person likes it. & metal sucks.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
You should probably be asking for music that doesn't suck if you want recommendations.

>ug
>music that doesn't suck
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by Thrashtastic15
brony
anime fan
birthday 1997
taste
lel

Not a brony anymore tho
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by zennihilist

Some we currently agree are: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Early Megadeth(Past 5 albums have been really uggg), Annihilator, Enforcer, Accept, Anthrax, Warbringer, Death Angel, Exciter, Metal Church, and Early Metallica.

are you serious?
Quote by jaybsp
My girl hates Kanye West, she still listens to him, I hate Al Green, I still listen to him

Like kanye and hate al green?

You're just terrible.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
stop listening to shitty metal, op

her taste in metal is way better than yours, but you could both use some pantera, lamb of god, and prong

metallica's first 4 albums

also down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zay8kCgci2E

and these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AstZV65K4f8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU4_p0KHpWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYb5XNVESg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEf0edxgUns
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Thats not an entire compilation of music we both listen to O_o Writing that in here would be ridiculously long.
cuz the thread's about overlap i guess? idk

op, listen to the fall of troy

do it
So she's into thrashy shit and you're into power shit?

Wow much confusion
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by captainsnazz
but then why did you pick all the things you both listen to that sound roughly the same?

Probably because he is either naive or unintelligent.
I have never even met a woman that enjoys doom metal as much as I do. If I had to search a girl compatible with all my interests I would die frustrated and alone.
i really don't get why everyone's giving him this much shit for something so innocent but i'm enjoying it so

try boning to sinatra. itll help you branch out, musically. downside is you'll pop a stiffy every time you hear frankie boy's dulcet tones i think it's worth it though
Quote by jaybsp
lol, why does it matter? The whole point of a relationship is that both parties bring different things to the table, you recommend each other things, you don't change your tastes so that you can be one individual being rather than two different people who can share the things they love with each other.

They are trying to find common ground, not change eachother. Grow up yourself.
Edit: what about Volbeat and Slipknot or Black Sabbath for example
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Dec 17, 2013,
Primus2112 Prong is literally the only good thing you posted. Fall of Troy is awful, sounds like fall out boy mixed with some dude just screaming into the mic for the hell of it.
Let me guess, you are a Pantera fanboy that believes Phil Anselmo can do no wrong and Dimebag Darrel is the best guitarist ever.

BjarnedeGraaf We are pretty big fans of black sabbath, thank you for the recommendations and for being the first person on here who wasn't a douche or an idiot.
Both of you need to listen to more doom metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efsUakRY2IQ
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Pallbearer, I'll have to give more attention to. I liked Electric Wizard, not very knowledgeable about doom metal bands honestly.
Quote by zennihilist
Primus2112 Prong is literally the only good thing you posted. Fall of Troy is awful, sounds like fall out boy mixed with some dude just screaming into the mic for the hell of it.
Let me guess, you are a Pantera fanboy that believes Phil Anselmo can do no wrong and Dimebag Darrel is the best guitarist ever.

did you even listen to down or gojira

or the nice hooves videos i posted

im sorry your taste in music is so shit
Page 1 of 2