Page 1 of 2
I teach money for music.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by Thrashtastic15
id rate myself about 4/5

Is he ever going to live that down?

Probably won't do well if you keep up with that 4/5 crap, as it deals with such a basics of music that someone is bound to tell that kid to never take lessons from you again.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I'm beginning in the new year. We live in the same country IIRC, so stay off my turf bitch.

And for real, if you though 4/5 was a time signature like a week ago please don't teach anybody music.

Youre an idiot if you think you have any idea what i actually know and think. You can talk shit all you want or you can shut your mouth and actually see what i know and think. You can listen to all my music, it clearly demonstrates a solid understanding of theory. Watch my guitar videos. Clearly i have chops and know almost everything there is to know about music and music theory. Im the one trying to get info on making money off my skills while all you ass****s spend your days wasting away on a stupid internet forum trying to look cool in front of a bunch of other nobodies.

Now **** off or give me some info on teaching lessons
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Youre an idiot if you think you have any idea what i actually know and think. You can talk shit all you want or you can shut your mouth and actually see what i know and think. You can listen to all my music, it clearly demonstrates a solid understanding of theory. Watch my guitar videos. Clearly i have chops and know almost everything there is to know about music and music theory. Im the one trying to get info on making money off my skills while all you ass****s spend your days wasting away on a stupid internet forum trying to look cool in front of a bunch of other nobodies.

lol
Quote by ChucklesMginty
What you don't get is that I'm still kind of drunk so I'm laughing for real right now.

I'm actually crying oh my God.

What you dont get is i dont give a ****. Im not the loser who cowardly hides behind a computer screen talking shit to people who know way more about music than them and is way better at guitar. You guys arent going to go any where in life. Dont bring others down with you.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
What you dont get is i dont give a ****. Im not the loser who cowardly hides behind a computer screen talking shit to people who know way more about music than them and is way better at guitar. You guys arent going to go any where in life. Dont bring others down with you.

lol
Unless youre random3 and are actually talented, keep laughing. Then have fun crying at night cu you are a nobody. A talentless shitface who spends hundreds of hours a week on a chat site while the real musicians are at home practicing and composing and trying to make money.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Okay.

Thats what you dot get or care about. The trolls will troll till they die. Tey dont actually affect anyone. Here i am in my girlfriends car going to a party completely unaffected by the trolling. There you are stocking up on ignorance. Im pissed off nobody will tell me tips on guitar.
Inb4 give up
Inb4 other shitty remark
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Really? You've already been told by people who know theory much better than you that you have the wrong understanding your own music. How can you claim to know that much about music theory when you depend on what a program tells you and not your own ears? You don't understand how tuplets work and you think that a "7th note" is a double dotted quarter note.

How about you count out this track using your ears? There's no 4/5 in there, guaranteed. 4/4 and 5/4 all the way.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Dec 16, 2013,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Unless youre random3 and are actually talented, keep laughing. Then have fun crying at night cu you are a nobody. A talentless shitface who spends hundreds of hours a week on a chat site while the real musicians are at home practicing and composing and trying to make money.

trying being the key word (because you aren't making money). you are highly egotistical, have the temper of a child and have a false sense of competence. you demonstrated a lack of understanding when it comes to basic theory and had a melt down when corrected. you consistently delude yourself into thinking you are more talented, accomplished, and educated than people who actually are successful musicians here (xaoxoi comes to mind).

you need to actually be a well-rounded and educated musician, have a calm and patient personality as well as coming across as professional. based on how you conduct yourself here you just went 0 for 3.

brb need to wipe away the tears.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
trying being the key word (because you aren't making money). you are highly egotistical, have the temper of a child and have a false sense of competence. you demonstrated a lack of understanding when it comes to basic theory and had a melt down when corrected. you consistently delude yourself into thinking you are more talented, accomplished, and educated than people who actually are successful musicians here (xaoxoi comes to mind).

you need to actually be a well-rounded and educated musician, have a calm and patient personality as well as coming across as professional. based on how you conduct yourself here you just went 0 for 3.

brb need to wipe away the tears.

was gonna write something but all that ^
Quote by rockingamer2
Really? You've already been told by people who know theory much better than you that you have the wrong understanding your own music. How can you claim to know that much about music theory when you depend on what a program tells you and not your own ears? You don't understand how tuplets work and you think that a "7th note" is a double dotted quarter note.

How about you count out this track using your ears? There's no 4/5 in there, guaranteed. 4/4 and 5/4 all the way.

And you know how much music theory i know? My point exactly. You guys are all pathetic and dont know shit. Trying to create new things means i dont know the rules? Im pretty damn sure its cuz i know the rules and how to bend them.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
And you know how much music theory i know? My point exactly. You guys are all pathetic and dont know shit. Trying to create new things means i dont know the rules? Im pretty damn sure its cuz i know the rules and how to bend them.

You aren't doing anything innovative. They're tuplets for god's sake. I also find it hard to believe you know what you're doing, since you repeatedly deferred to what you programmed and not your ears.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
For srs though ts. If you don't care, why do you respond to everyone. You know what a good teacher would do? Learn from his mistake and adapt his thinking, not pull an Amanda Bynes and very publicly lose his mind on the pit
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by rockingamer2
You aren't doing anything innovative. They're tuplets for god's sake. I also find it hard to believe you know what you're doing, since you repeatedly deferred to what you programmed and not your ears.

Listen to my music then.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I'm actually taking my ABRSM Grade 7 theory exam (there are 8 in total) in a few months... Which makes this so much funnier for me. But I'm sure the fact that you learned your 7th chords on guitar means you know literally everything about music.

But anyway, I normally don't take the piss like this but you are either a master troll or completely out of your mind. Peace.

Thats great i learned it all on my own. I can build you more than dominant or major 7 chords. BUT you dont actually care. You want this to continue. If there was a way to prove mself i would have done so but there isnt so its pointless to argue.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Listen to my music then.

I'm talking about your "4/5" song. Again, I counted it out, and it's 4/4 and 5/4.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
lmaoooo this guy's like 4/5ths of the way to murdering half the people on this board

but for real if you plan on using everything there is to know about music theory in your lessons dont get excited. pick up a guitar method book (hal leonard's guitar for the small fry is my choice) and work with that to build basic reading and playing. as soon as you can, supplement that with music the student actually likes

if you have any long term students (doubtful) make sure you're not just thinking of technique, but actually as a musician. I'm a little biased against prog guys as teachers since i've seen a lot less of that from them in the past, so sorry, but I gotta say really make sure you yourself are a functional musician, not just a guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9TavIO6PYU

watch a bunch of videos from him if you want to start to think about being a good musician and teacher. keep in mind, scales and shit are useful at a early stage, but tbh its not worth running them at 34u930582094bmp in double 4ths. just use them as a jump off point for ear training. and use ear training from as soon as you're able... the first lesson involving scales should be 3-4 notes from a pentatonic scale and IMPROVISING... keep in mind if you're going to be a good teacher, you have to focus on teaching your content area AND facilitating critical thought. A good guitar teacher (I had one) will just make you smarter

pardon the rant, but as someone in music ed when I see a thread title 'teaching for money' I start to worry if you're in it for the right reason. If you really want to teach, though, right on, and please feel free to talk to me about it. It's what I love to do.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Please use this in your lesson ads.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The Boston Bomings Was An Hoax

Hal Galper said it. Attitude is everything.

Going in claiming you know everything, even "almost" everything, is poisonous and counterproductive.

As someone who has been doing it for a while,I don't think you have the actual mindset required to teach effectively. Especially not for any money anyway.

Also 4/5? 7th notes? Guitar players....
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Quote by captainsnazz
Tip: don't even try

i saw that

Um
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_signature#Irrational_meters

While it's kind of sad peppers is letting himself get got to this bad, I don't see how 4/5 time signature is impossible. But of course I don't know the whole story of what's going on.

And I don't claim to have any real music theory knowledge, but wiki.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by RealUnrealRob
Um
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_signature#Irrational_meters

While it's kind of sad peppers is letting himself get got to this bad, I don't see how 4/5 time signature is impossible. But of course I don't know the whole story of what's going on.

And I don't claim to have any real music theory knowledge, but wiki.

Ultimately, the mechanics of musical signs serve to help us understand what is happening. At its most practical, that means the player reading the music must instantly get what is being conveyed.

4/5 doe the exact opposite of that. While arguably possible in a mathematical way, it would only confuse us. There is nothing conveyed by 4/5 that can't be conveyed much more clearly and effectively by a proper signature.

I can guarantee you that there is nothing that TS has ever or will ever come with that can even begin to warrant the use of 4/5, beyond him providing great entertainment for us.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Dec 17, 2013,
Since i cannot restrain myself:

4/5 is technically a thing, but irrational time signatures are always easier written out and more legible in rational ones. This is because of note lengths in relation to one another, which brings me to this:

Their only real use is to signify a tempo change or tuplets too complex to write conventionally, such as a bar whose length is 4/5 of a quintuplet as it relates to its reference, a whole note, during an extremely complex passage.

I apologize for my geek moment. Back to whatever bandwagon we were jumping on.

Edit: Xiaoxi you magnificent bastard. You beat me to it.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Last edited by Jet Penguin at Dec 17, 2013,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Thats what you dot get or care about. The trolls will troll till they die. Tey dont actually affect anyone. Here i am in my girlfriends car going to a party completely unaffected by the trolling. There you are stocking up on ignorance. Im pissed off nobody will tell me tips on guitar.
Inb4 give up
Inb4 other shitty remark

>"unaffected by the trolling"
>loses his shit
Last edited by Lifesign at Dec 17, 2013,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
know almost everything there is to know about music and music theory.

4/5 would lol again. TS, please stop kidding yourself and don't start teaching poor innocent kids. Their young innocent minds aren't ready for the explicit nature of 4/5.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
You guys arent going to go any where in life.

**** off buddy I'm studying to be a psychologist and you're teaching kids 4/5. Good luck with that. For a 21 year old you have a seriously gigantic ego. Also, ****ing lol @ the not being affected by trolling.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
It's not hard when you're flexible and have a long ish dick, but the problem with sucking your own dick is you either get a mouth full of cum or lose an eye ball, and both of these happen when you're trying to orgasm.

I also quoted this for lols.
Last edited by vayne92 at Dec 17, 2013,
Page 1 of 2