So I've been buying parts for a Precision Bass for half the year, grabbing nice stuff for bargain basement prices when it comes up.
I ended up with a Highway One Jazz Bass neck and one of those "Genuine Replacement Bodies" Fender started selling earlier this year. The neck is getting close to being a decade old and is still dead straight with heaps of movement left on the truss rod, pretty good for a Fender neck in Australian conditions.
The body came with a Seymour Duncan SPB-3 mounted to it so that's what I'm using at the moment. I was never big on this pickup but I'm willing to give it a second chance, I'll see how I go with it I guess.
Bridge is Gotoh, machines are just the standard Mexican ones that the neck came with, they're pretty solid, I might replace then with Hipshot ones later.

The end result was this:

I'm really digging it, I wanted a P to string with roundwounds for a bit more aggressive sound and it's giving me just that, I want to reserve full judgment for when I hear it in a band situation. I set the action pretty low, a little bit of fretbuzz acoustically but perfect through an amp.

Here's a family shot!
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Hnbd!
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hnbd!

Glad to see you still have that 50th anniversary jazz too
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass