Hi All,

Come across this forum many times but first time poster so g'day to everyone!

Basically I'm a beginner guitar player trying to get my mitts on a real amp for my electric axe (Yamaha Pacifica) that caters to the current sound i'm digging yet harbors some versatility for future tastes pedals etc.

I'm a big fan of Clapton's ballsy guitar sound in Cream, Hendrix's, Junior Kimborough and a lot of those blues/rock guys, as well as the fuzz drenched stuff of the first couple Black Keys Albums.

I've fallen for the idea of the Orange Tiny Terror all tube combo. I hesitate because I can't completely make my mind up between this or a solid state which offers a lot in settings options and wattage like orange's Crush 60c proc which apparently is their rockerverb amp minus the tubes.

If anyone is willing to lend some time and leave some wisdom that'd be grand.

P.S I'm not hell bent on orange amps, they just look suave as hell
Would you be able to provide your budget and whether you'll be gigging in the future or if its just for home use?

I'd say you could go for something like a JCM800 or JTM45. I know Cream used both of those and The Black Keys use a modified JTM45.. but again things like budget etc are needed.

Also you'll most likely be putting a fuzz pedal in front of it whatever it may be, fuzz face, big muff etc. So make sure you stay tube as solid state will just be hopeless.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Sure, my budgets in the ballpark of 700-800 Australian dollars, give or take depending how awesome it is. Gigging is probably out of my league for a year or two yet (been playing about 6-7 months) so I guess the majority of it will be home use.
18 watter i built one and love it.

cathbard sells some in a very artsy form and all of his work is stellar from what i have seen.

not cheap though no matter where you get them from. i spent like $450 in parts from mine and started with a couple of bags of parts and a chassis.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
18 watter i built one and love it.

cathbard sells some in a very artsy form and all of his work is stellar from what i have seen.

not cheap though no matter where you get them from. i spent like $450 in parts from mine and started with a couple of bags of parts and a chassis.

i got one for 500 used. but i was kinda lucky.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
i got one for 500 used. but i was kinda lucky.

off of curiousity, was it built by another person, RI, or some cloning company.

i went pretty good on parts. i went with heyboer for the transformers and sprague for caps and most other parts were best i could figure out to find and it sounds awesome.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
off of curiousity, was it built by another person, RI, or some cloning company.

i went pretty good on parts. i went with heyboer for the transformers and sprague for caps and most other parts were best i could figure out to find and it sounds awesome.

i believe it is a metropolis
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
an 18w if found at a good price would be awesome. they are loud as hell. you can get power amp distortion out of it as well, but that would be louder than the sound guy would want you at.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!