They're not bad but that model in particular is just as generic, boring metal guitar as they come.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
There's nothing exciting about it. It's not a particularly useful guitar, it's limited by the FR, you're not going to get much more than 2 or 3 completely vanilla, generic metal sounds out of it. They play nice enough if you're used to a super strat, and are decently fast necks, but there is nothing at all that feels organic about it. If it were a car it would be a black Chevy Impala sedan.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

so what would you reccomend for something less "maintream" ?
Thanks for your time!
Sterling Music Man JP
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

It's not about being mainstream or not lol. Who cares about that. It's just that Schecter makes the most boring, personality-less instruments. They aren't bad guitars, most are quite good actually, im just sick of everyone wanting to get into metal going for them or a low end crappy ibanez.

There is infinitely more personality and character to a JP than a Schecter blackjack.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

I love my tempest but Ace is right that particular C-1 is very blah looking. I'm not much of a fan of actives either, actives are good if you want "that" sound but passives are way way more versatile and a good set can give a guitar a lot of personality. Floyds are way overrated, and be prepared to do constant tweaking on it if you get an FR-equipped guitar.

Not all schecters lack personality, but some look very bland. If I was going to get a schecter for metal I'd go for one of these,

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Stargazer.aspx

you'd stand out of the crowd playing something like that.

Regardless, schecter guitars have excellent build quality, you won't find a better built guitar for the price. Check out ESP/LTD guitars too, same high build quality and good prices but with different styles. Most ESPs have thin U-shaped necks though, total deal-breaker for me but some people really like that neck profile.
Last edited by tukk04 at Dec 17, 2013,
The only time you'll have to tweak a floyd is if you want to change your tuning. You will have to pick one tuning and leave it there. The good thing is that you really don't have to tune it up before you play, as long as it's set up well. The only time I have to tune mine is when I change strings.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I looked at esp but they don't have seymour duncan pickups, they have emgs. I prefer the seymour duncan sound
I'd take a look at these RailHammer equipped Reverends:

Kingbolts:
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/kingbolt-ra/
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/kingbolt-ra-fm/

Bayonets:
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/bayonet/
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/bayonet-w/

Reeves Gabrels II
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/reeves-gabrels-ii/

Of those, I think the Kingbolts and the RGII would best suit your tonal desires (as might the Volcano RA, Rev's take on the V design) while giving you a different visual aesthetic, all for under $1000.

Each will have the korina body, medium C neck & locking tuners. All have a Wilkinson trem that is as useful and stable as any out there. The RailHammer Anvil and Chisel pickups common to those models are fairly high-output, and Reverend's Bass contour knob gives you a LOT of tonal options.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
if I have to be honest, I really don't like the look of them. What are some other, maybe underrated brands?
Thanks for your time dudes!
I really wouldn't be worried about anyone's opinion, you're buying a guitar for you and nobody else. If you like the Schecter get it. All that matters is you like it.
Quote by J_W
I really wouldn't be worried about anyone's opinion, you're buying a guitar for you and nobody else. If you like the Schecter get it. All that matters is you like it.

First of all, this.

Second:

The Godin Velocity is a nice little shredder's machine, and it was discontinued. New ones are still floating around out there, but used ones can be had for under $500.

http://haightashburymusic.com/godin-velocity-natural-flame-rn.html?gclid=CIunyKj4t7sCFUgS7AodKnIATQ

Other Godins that might interest you:

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinfreewaysap.htm
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinredlineseriesp.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 17, 2013,
Virtually the entirety of Fernandes's product line is aimed at harder rock genres- high-output pickups, relatively slender necks, etc.

Here's a link to their MIJ models, to provide an overview of what they offer:
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/products/guitars/jp-series.html

of course I buy it if I like it. But I only have one guitar (my first guitar) so I only know main brands and this way I learn many new things and what to look for, what to avoid and stuff like that
Getting Blackouts from the factory limits your choices a bit. You found the Schecters and some of the LTD signatures have them. Most all of the other major brands are EMG - Jackson, Ibanez, etc. You can always have the Blackouts put in whatever you buy though.

Also look at Agile. They will put Blackouts in about anything in their semi-custom shop and you're in the same price range or lower than most of the other major brands listed. Search more on here for Agiles for different opinions.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Hey Jayerr, don't listen to some of these guys that claim "schecters are generic, bland, etc."

I have a non-FR Blackjack ATX in the burst color, and it rips. As far as the entire series go, they're much better than the Helraisers and SLS guitars IMO.

You should always make sure to play a guitar first before you buy it. And as far as these pompous remarks by other UG users go, I would say that it's more important to HAVE A GUITAR YOU WANT TO PLAY.

A musicman sterling JP is not even half the guitar its $2500 brother is, and you guys know it.
Also, Blackouts are, by far, the best active pups on the market. In a world where there is so much EMG saturation, these pickups WILL help you stand out.

You just have to tone the gain down from what you used to and add more mids to your sound, as I did.
Quote by umarnasir335
Hey Jayerr, don't listen to some of these guys that claim "schecters are generic, bland, etc."

This dude. People are saying they're boring because they think they look boring. They are great sounding guitars, well-made, and deliver a lot of value for cost. Yes it is a relatively common silhouette but it's a great guitar. If you dig it you should snag it.
I play guitar
Wow, what a bunch of bullshit I just read!!!

Don't listen to those guys. Anyway, I have basically that same guitar only in a V-shape

It looks sort of plain and I like it that way. Not everything has to be flashy. I like the fact that there is only one inlay on the fretboard and that is a lightning bolt at the 12th fret. Otherwise it's just black and badass.

The Blackouts sound killer and construction is VERY high quality for the price.

Furthermore, I let my MUSIC do the talking. 'Nuff said.
I dig the binding on that C-1.

TS, you're bound to get a ton of subjective responses for this type of question.

I say if you've tried it and like the sound and playabilty, and if it screams PLAY ME!! when you look at it.... its a winner. Plus, I'm sure you gravitated towards that guitar for a reason right?

Although I have to agree the Stargazer looks pretty badass.
Quote by KailM
Wow, what a bunch of bullshit I just read!!!

Don't listen to those guys. Anyway, I have basically that same guitar only in a V-shape

It looks sort of plain and I like it that way. Not everything has to be flashy. I like the fact that there is only one inlay on the fretboard and that is a lightning bolt at the 12th fret. Otherwise it's just black and badass.

The Blackouts sound killer and construction is VERY high quality for the price.

Furthermore, I let my MUSIC do the talking. 'Nuff said.

I think people just like to find a reason to knock on Schecter guitars for some reason, it's usually complaining about the flashiness of the hellraisers, now this one is too boring?

I love both my C-1's, a plain basic white and a Blue C-1 classic, both nice playing guitars, even the cheap one.
I kinda agree with Ace. That Schecter is kinda dull and generic. It's just another black superstrat with a floyd and active pickups. You see thousands of those kinds of guitars on these forums, and almost half of them are Schecters.

The reason why people knock Schecter is because they have a reputation for designing, styling and even naming their guitars to appeal to spoilt teenagers, and understandably a lot of people hate that. It is also hard to identify with how Schecters are such great guitars if you live in the UK, because they're priced so much more ridiculously there than in the US. The value proposition doesn't really exist if you live there.

They also have a growing reputation for making signature guitars that are quite a lot more expensive than their standard models, whilst not actually being all that great for the money. And while that is a common criticism among most guitar manufacturers, it happened to be the case for the Synyster Gates sig, which is their flagship artist signature guitar. It was a letdown.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 19, 2013,
Quote by Jayerrr
hello,
What do you think about this guitar? It has all the features I want (seymour duncans blackouts, floating bridge, I love the look as well). I play metal and sometimes some cleans as well
http://www.schecterguitars.com/products/guitar/Blackjack-ATX-C-1-FR.aspx

I have a Blackjack SLS C-1 with SD Blackouts.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-SLS-C-1.aspx

Great guitar, fantastic neck. Very good value for money. You can also get it with passive Seymour Duncan pickups and/or Floyd Rose.