I think I roughly understand how to use the 4 cable method to connect a noise gate up, but i'm just checking to see if i'm thinking about it correctly.

Guitar in -> tuner -> bad monkey -> NS-2 in- >NS-2 out -> amp input
NS-2 send -> Amp send
NS-2 return -> amp return

Also, if I were to add in specifically a delay and EQ pedal, where would they go? I know they should go into the FX loop, but how will they go in with my other pedals?
Not quite correct. The NS-2 doesn't work like 2 separate gates when using all 4 connections, which is what you have in your connection order. It actually works by gating what's in the loop. So what you do is take the whole pre-amp of the amp into the gate of the NS-2.

Here's how:

Guitar > Tuner > NS-2 input > NS-2 send to Bad Monkey > Amp input > Amp send to EQ (plus any other non-time based effects) > NS-2 return (now the boost and pre-amp are being gated) > NS-2 output to time-based effects ie Delay then Reverb > Amp return

Hope this answers your question.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at Dec 17, 2013,
Nothing to do with tone sucking. Just the way the loop works in the NS-2 and how you get zero noise from everything but power-amp.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Now worries mate.

Haha know what you mean.