Story is at my job I'm able to bring a stereo or something of that nature. But I have an old Marshall mg-10. That I haven't used in years. So I'm wondering if I use it for 8 hours straight running my iPod through it will it ruin it?
It won't ruin it, no, but I would recommend cheap headphones over an MG-10. It'll sound awful, if you've ever tried it before. For 8 hours straight, I think I'd kill myself, but you can do it if you want.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Can't use headphones on the floor or I would. I tried yesterday and got away with it for about 5 hours before I was told to pull them out. Sound quality on it isn't terrible (for this use). Another thing I want to state. I'm not asking this because I care about ruining the amp. Frankly I could not care less if it was broken or stolen or ruined. I just don't want it to die out after half a shift and be Stuck without music for the rest of the day.
They have a designated line in for mp3's and other stereo channel music, you'd have no problem with listening to music for 8 hours.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
yeah, that won't be an issue. the sound quality won't be that great as the mg is just a single speaker but not a big deal if you don't mind that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae