hi guys
I'm getting a custom neck built.
Know that the body is made of ash, afn that it'll be bolt on, 24 frets neck, rosewood fingerborad, what are the diffenrences between

Peruvian walnut
Birdseye maple
Rockmap

for the neck. Please, don't tell me the color of the wood "cuz that will not help me.
Thanks again
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Not very much. Walnut is supposedly a bit warmer than maple. The difference between the birdseye and rock maple is just aesthetic - birdseye maple is very pretty.
Go to this site.
http://www.warmoth.com/pages/CustomNeck.aspx?style=9
Where it says SHAFT WOOD click on MORE INFO. All you need to know about wood

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
here is a simple wood rule, the lighter the color of the wood the lighter the tone, the more higher end, the darker the wood the darker and more low end the wood.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
here is a simple wood rule, the lighter the color of the wood the lighter the tone, the more higher end, the darker the wood the darker and more low end the wood.

so how does ebony fit into this, being that it is super bright?????
It doesn't, there's no actual correlation like that. Pau Ferro is fairly bright but looks like rosewood, Korina ranges from fairly light to very dark but the tone is similar to mahogany regardless of the color, wenge is quite dark but has a fairly balanced tone, and ebony has literally become a synonym for jet black and yet it is probably the brightest wood out there.

That "rule" basically only works for the few most basic woods used - mahogany vs. alder/poplar for bodies, and rosewood vs. maple for necks and boards. Once you get beyond that minor coincidence, it doesn't hold up at all.
Quote by Roc8995
It doesn't, there's no actual correlation like that. Pau Ferro is fairly bright but looks like rosewood, Korina ranges from fairly light to very dark but the tone is similar to mahogany regardless of the color, wenge is quite dark but has a fairly balanced tone, and ebony has literally become a synonym for jet black and yet it is probably the brightest wood out there.

That "rule" basically only works for the few most basic woods used - mahogany vs. alder/poplar for bodies, and rosewood vs. maple for necks and boards. Once you get beyond that minor coincidence, it doesn't hold up at all.

pretty much what I was thinking/getting at