Hey guys, looking for a little gear advice.

Looking at getting a new guitar, it has to be very versatile (everything from folk to deathcore) and preferably have coil tapping. Beyond that the budget is anywhere under £1000, and it'd be nice if it didn't have active pickups.

Any help?
god loves the working man. unfortunately, that puts me in deep crap.

you sir, may c*m blood, but i sh*t diamonds, guess which is more painful. especially after curry.

+ =
HSS Strat? No, I'm just kidding. Are you a beginner looking to expand (in which case you're trying to save money) or intermediate and know you'll be playing this for a long time? Also, by a "new" guitar, do you mean new for you, or a never-used guitar? You might save a lot (or get two guitars!) if you go the used route. Also, are you looking for a 6-six string guitar?

It might be tough to get folk and deathcore in the same guitar. I prefer single coils for much of my non-distorted music, but that's a personal preference...
In my humble opinion you should check out some Ibanez with HSH or some Schecters.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
What guitars do you currently own, which guitars do you like best, where do you live, and what is your amp?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Regardless of the answers to JustRooster's (very important) questions, the only way I can see getting folk and death core out of the same guitar is with some piezoelectric pickups in the guitar.

I could be wrong, though.

This ISN'T the guitar for you, but I think it offers some insight as to what you might want to look for: http://fret-king.com/black-label/elise-gg-gordon-giltrap.html#.Urs30cu9KSO

A solidbody with 2 hot (preferably individually) coil-splitting HBs and piezos with the ability to blend in a variety of ways...may have to go custom or modify something.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 25, 2013,
Would a Parker PDF fit the bill then? I can't remember which one has 2 humbuckers and a piezo. I think it's the PDF105 ...
Good call! I had forgotten that many Parkers include piezos.

Don't know if their HBs are hot enough, but that's an easy fix.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I think it's a JB in the bridge. I once saw a PDF90 (I think) used at the GC and really loved it. I think I might have gotten it if it had been in better shape for that price (it was all scratched to hell), but good god that thing felt sweet in my arms! Super light, the neck is super comfortable... not much to dislike. Now that I read more about it I'd go for the 105.