Attention: The purpose of this thread is to enlighten me and possible readers of substances that help fight off those jitters when playing in a public place. It doesn't mean I or anyone should or will take the substances posted here

Most of you know the feeling of being nervous when playing for someone and then screwing up and feeling like a douche.

I remember this time when some of my relatives payed a visit, and when they knew I played guitar they asked me to play something. That was the shittiest version of Megadeth's "Chosen Ones" ever.

Here's what happened:

- Shaking hands
- Inaccurate/unresponsive/slow fingers
- Feelings of insecurity (I'm pretty sure they weren't into metal, problem was metal was all I got)

Because of that, every time I think of performing in public I feel I won't be able to do it properly (at least not like I would when I'm alone in my bedroom).

So my question (finally) is: What substances (legal or not so much) do you know that alleviate these "conditions(?)" , and still allow for perfect motor skills?

and after a bottle of whisky I'm Rab C Nesbitt
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Minicaxotinho
All of these things sound fun, but is there nothing that still let's you move and reason like a sober person?

there actually is a thing people take to deal with stage fright but I forget the name of it.

EDIT - beta blockers

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/08/in-defense-of-the-beta-blocker/306961/
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Dec 17, 2013,