Page 2 of 3
Quote by Born Headless

This is all Canadians are good for. I'm looking at you severed.

Sui Caedere's Threne? The ROSS BAY CULT? The HORDES OF HEAVY METAL: KRAKEN, LORD RYUR, AND SO MANY MORE??

I am offended.

Sui Caedere have quite the tears. Especially Prelude Triste.
severed-metal gets ONE Teardrop for Sui Caedere's Prelude Triste. An album of never ending black and white rain in a forested urban environment. A strangely Canadian sounding album.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Kepulix gets ONE Teardrop for Nokturnal Mortum - Україна. I have decided to hand out Teardrops as I see fit and Україна brings me to my knees. That chorus has welled many a tears.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I am most positive I have listened to Sui Cadere but cannot for the life of me recall the music.

Seeing as how all my thoughts were taken by other individuals I offer but one more (albeit I am not keen on the quality) - Silencer.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I should probably give you a point for One Rode To Asa Bay since you were the first to mention it.

But then you bring up Silencer. You're busting my balls Proggy. One minute on top of the world the next minute, Silencer.

Gonna give you ONE Teardrop for Asa Bay my man. Buy your self something nice.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Upon further review, Necromantia's Ancient Pride embodies the same forlorn sorrow of the lost homeland, ala Bathory, present on their last good release 'Ancient Pride EP' . I seem to recall a well done cover on that release as well.

And as stated, I am not a silencer fan.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Arizmenda - Those Beaten Paths of Confusion [and the whole album afterwards]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekYlRhALiRQ
Weeping, and the album induces it as well with its chaotic, trance-inducing wall of sound.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Burning my man I mentioned that very weeping in my original post, but I want to give you that coveted Teardrop regardless! I can't though as it would defile the sanctity of all prior tears. Rules are rules.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Cavalcade gets I Teardrop for his Moonsorrow link because that was definitely weeping and he went out of his way to embed and guide me to the exact moment. Regardless of my opinion of the aforementioned project, damn he put a lot of effort into getting his teardrop.

And that makes me all teary eyed.

Also BornHeadless and PowerSlave can share a maple syrup flavored Teardrop for their Gris contributions.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Dec 31, 2013,
Starting at "I've sent this peril..." (starts around 7:20)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH8_9DkDypU

Starting at the 2:14 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFLyu5DeNYQ

Just for laughs because this album sucks. It's less like emotional sobbing and more like a whining toddler. The sound at 3:05 is particularly lol-worthy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZzVzhv4IC8
Howling Pain - Vision Del Caos - Schatten Aus Der Alexander Welt (Bethlehem Cover)

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Scourge441 gets TWO Teardrops forBlack Lake Níðstang and the Monarque track.

Monarque himself is also featured on Sui Caedere's Threne, which employs the METAL CRY in a way that may satisfy some listeners.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Wow never knew there was such a thing. Interesting though.
Whats goes around must come down
I seem to remember Nagelfar having actual weeping on Hunengrab im Herbst...however, I'm not 100% sure. Off to do some research.

*edit: Upon second thought, I might be thinking of Drudkh's "Blood in Our Wells".

Guess I get to listen to two awesome black metal albums today!
Last edited by NABEF9 at Feb 12, 2014,
Regardless of VG's opinion on the matter, I personally would consider the Nagelfar debut for this thread. Perhaps that is just due to personal bias though.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Regardless of VG's opinion on the matter, I personally would consider the Nagelfar debut for this thread. Perhaps that is just due to personal bias though.
Was Nagelfar already brought up in this thread? I must have missed it.

Well - I can confirm that there is some sobbing on the intro of Hunengrab im Herbst...but it's not the sobbing on the intro that brought me to this thread. I will continue searching.
Quote by NABEF9
Was Nagelfar already brought up in this thread? I must have missed it.

Well - I can confirm that there is some sobbing on the intro of Hunengrab im Herbst...but it's not the sobbing on the intro that brought me to this thread. I will continue searching.

I'm not sure if they have, but I've brought them up multiple times on the forums.
Quote by \Powerslave/
I'm not sure if they have, but I've brought them up multiple times on the forums.
Good man.
Quote by NABEF9
I seem to remember Nagelfar having actual weeping on Hunengrab im Herbst...however, I'm not 100% sure. Off to do some research.

*edit: Upon second thought, I might be thinking of Drudkh's "Blood in Our Wells".

Guess I get to listen to two awesome black metal albums today!
All I could find on either album was the bit of sobbing in the intro of "Hunengrab im Herbst", which is not the weeping passage that I remember. It must be on another album.

Got to listen to "Hunengrab in Herbst" and "Blood in Our Wells" though, so the search was well worth it! Had a great excuse to listen to two top-tier black metal albums that I haven't heard in years.
Okay, not trying to be a dick, I am legitimately asking this because I don't get it. What is the point of this thread. I have read it a few times and I am not quite grasping the concept here. Are people just listing songs by bands that make them cry? Is there some specific sub-genre requirement or sound that needs to fit the criteria? Or is this just 'emo kids listening to depressing metal and sharing their stories' kinda deal?

Like I said, I am legitimately asking this for understanding and not attacking anyone.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
It's a competition to make Severed cry because
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
We're collecting shards of the ancient Tearstone to restore order and balance to the world. It's a gay but noble quest.
Quote by Born Headless
We're collecting shards of the ancient Tearstone to restore order and balance to the world. It's a gay but noble quest.

One can't simply cry themselves to the netherworld.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

When Metallica, in Fade To Black signature guitar riff, changes to the second part of the riff near the beginning of the song beginning on D on the B string (15th fret) does anyone know what the Amp is set on to get that happy part of the riff? for the life of me I can't get that sound...I love playing the riff, it just doesn't sound right when I play it. Thanks for any suggestions, FM
Quote by Frank M
When Metallica, in Fade To Black signature guitar riff, changes to the second part of the riff near the beginning of the song beginning on D on the B string (15th fret) does anyone know what the Amp is set on to get that happy part of the riff? for the life of me I can't get that sound...I love playing the riff, it just doesn't sound right when I play it. Thanks for any suggestions, FM

You mean the part when Kirk Hammet is crying because he can't play a fvkking thing worth listening to on the guitar?

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

It sounds better under a bus
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
"Suffer the Gestalt" from Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul immediately came to mind. Any of the first five tracks probably could be used, though. Of course, he may just have been affected by all the smack he was doing.