Poll Options
View poll results: which one
abort it
87 76%
keep it
28 24%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 4
If you found out that you or your wife/girlfriend was pregnant and later learned that the baby would be born with down syndrome, and if you had the choice, would you get an abortion or would you keep the baby?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I'd lay a coat hanger next to her pillow, and if she wakes up and doesn't get the hint, her ass is gonna be falcon punched.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
if you don't have any qualms with the concept of abortion, it seems cruel to bring a baby into this world when you know it's going to suffer so much

i understand multiple abortions can he health-hazardous. i read there's some link between multiple abortions and cancer, though i really haven't done enough research to be sure. but still.

Quote by WCPhils
I'd abort a progdude

i'd abort anyone with the mental affliction of being an eagles fan
I am going to have my best sperm and my wife's best egg chosen and mixed in a test tube so that my son will be the best possible genetic coding that we can give him.
I'd use my god given right of male abortion regardless of what she had to say.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Get up, c'mon get down with the syndrome.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Dec 18, 2013,
My parents were told that I would be born with down syndrome and look how I've turned out.

That's a tough choice that I don't think about much. My first instinct is to keep the baby but I have relatives with severe autism and the prospects for them aren't good at all.
Quote by progdude93

i'd abort anyone with the mental affliction of being an eagles fan

oh bb, u no we da best
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by macashmack
I am going to have my best sperm and my wife's best egg chosen and mixed in a test tube so that my son will be the best possible genetic coding that we can give him.

I'd do this too if I could. Why take a chance on a shitty kid that could have all sorts wrong? Eight limbed baby? HEEEELL naw. Kid born without eyes? HEEEEEEEEELL naw. Mentally retarded? HEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NAW.
Last edited by K'Nuckles at Dec 18, 2013,
This is a pretty serious conversation I'd have with my future wife, and if she didn't feel the same I don't think I'd be able to stay with her. Kids that heavily ******ed tend to destroy marriages and subject any other children to lives they shouldn't be living. I don't like the idea of abortion, but I'd push for it in this case.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by megano28
Kids that heavily ******ed tend to destroy marriages and subject any other children to lives they shouldn't be living.

How?
Quote by bradulator
How?

The stress of it all. It happens.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by bradulator
How?

You have to take care of someone who can never take care of themselves adequately. In an average child's cycle, they start having some kind of independence by the age of 7-8, and it progressively increases.

A child with down syndrome's dependence will last much longer than that, and you're accepting that you'll keep that commitment until they die or you do.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by megano28
This is a pretty serious conversation I'd have with my future wife, and if she didn't feel the same I don't think I'd be able to stay with her. Kids that heavily ******ed tend to destroy marriages and subject any other children to lives they shouldn't be living. I don't like the idea of abortion, but I'd push for it in this case.

Yea, I don't like the idea of it at all either, but that would be one of the rare instances where it would probably be for the best.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by lolmnt
I'd use my god given right of male abortion regardless of what she had to say.

why is there no fedora icon to title my post when i agree
"but guys, having a kid with down syndrome would be like constant humor for the rest of your life!!" - progdude93
Quote by WCPhils
Yea, I don't like the idea of it at all either, but that would be one of the rare instances where it would probably be for the best.
Quote by megano28

girl wants control over her body = i don't like the idea of abortion
boy doesn't want to raise a retard = i like the idea of abortion
Quote by due 07

yep, that's what they said.

down with the patriarchy.

Quote by due 07

you and lolmnt must be best friends.
Quote by progdude93
you and lolmnt must be best friends.

why do you say that?
Quote by Trowzaa

i was assuming that's what "i don't like the idea of [abortion] at all" means.
We'd probably abort the baby whether it had down syndrome or not
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
If we were financially well-off enough to cover all the expenses of a child with Down's Syndrome, then I don't think there'd be a question.

If not, though, it's something I think that should be considered. Handicapped children have it hard enough as-is. To bring them into an additionally unstable situation because of money almost seems irresponsible to me.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by due 07
why do you say that?

because you're both great at misreading arguments (probably on purpose, but maybe out of genuine ignorance) and then coming in like a self-righteous cunt to save the day
yea i'd abort it, don't really see a problem with it. unless it was a late abortion, which im pretty much against in general.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I probably would to be honest. Not that I would love them less or anything like that. But even when you do eventually die it's going to pretty devastating. The current systems in place are not nearly enough. The demand is too high and they are woefully understaffed. Even if it does work out they are going to have to sacrifice the life that they've built themselves since the facilities aren't exactly just around the corner. I don't think it's particularly fair to put them through that and I don't really see any signs of the situation improving.

I'm not sure if I could go through with it. If that makes me a bad person or whatever so be it.
Quote by Trowzaa

down with the patriarchy.

Seriously, I can't believe that someone would trying to pull out such a stupid assumption from their ass
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by progdude93
because you're both great at misreading arguments (probably on purpose, but maybe out of genuine ignorance) and then coming in like a self-righteous cunt to save the day

wow that's really specific, never would have guessed
Keep it but lock it away in the attic where 12 years later my good son will find it and they will fight over their daddy's love
Quote by megano28

Seriously, I can't believe that someone would trying to pull out such a stupid assumption from their ass

due's so deep in himself now that he's become a parody of himself

yeah it's their fault for being ******ed
Quote by K'Nuckles
Did anyone see that BBC doc Extreme Love or something? It was about families trying to raise kids with varying degrees of mental disabilities. Seriously, some of them really destroyed them and it's awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHRE_hrUkzU

Some excerpts.

The ones that scream like that... I don't think I could do it. I'm absolutely terrified to have kids some day specifically because of the fear that I will get that news that the child will have a disability like that. I just don't have that in me.

It would be the hardest decision imaginable, but I truly don't think I'd be able to bring a child into the world if the kid's life would be like that.

I've seen this documentary, as well as the dementia one. This is the hardest part for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-qvkQxBpQw

I don't think I could take seeing someone I love so much fading away forever
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 18, 2013,
Quote by K'Nuckles
Did anyone see that BBC doc Extreme Love or something? It was about families trying to raise kids with varying degrees of mental disabilities. Seriously, some of them really destroyed them and it's awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHRE_hrUkzU

Some excerpts.

this is so sad. Such a shame the kids have to live like that. And I always feel so bad for the family. Such a horrible situation.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 18, 2013,
That Extreme Love thing was crazy. Damn...

On topic, it depends on the financial situation I am in at the time. As eGraham said, that's a huge part of whether or not to keep a baby who has any condition such as Down Syndrome. If I can financially support it, then yes I would keep it. It is my child, my son or daughter and I would want to give it the love and compassion a child needs. But if the financial situation is insecure, then as much as it would hurt I would opt for abortion and try to convince the woman to do so as well.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by due 07
wow that's really specific, never would have guessed

right? and how many people really share that specific of a character trait without the capability to be best friends?
Quote by progdude93
You realize that I was intentionally trying to piss you off so I could insult with lyrics from You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, right?

Also, I'd be honored to be Due's bff.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 4