Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some sage advice from some of the more experienced and knowledgeable guitarists out there about purchasing my first electric guitar. I'll list some information that I feel would be helpful in narrowing down the selection of guitars.

- I have rather small hands/shorter fingers. I talked to a guy at Guitar Center and he said the Ibanez Wizard neck models would be suit me. Any other models similar to that?

- I mainly play Pop-punk and alternative music. Bands such as Blink-182, Sum 41 and Atlas Genius.

- I'm rather keen on getting the Dirty Fingers Humbucking pickup. Also, I really like the Seafoam Green or Powder Blue body colors but this is the least important and as I understand they are rather dated and harder to find.

- I have a Fender Mustang IV amp

- Price range from $500-700

Thanks for any help you guys may offer!

Adam
the wizard necks are a bit of a double-edged sword. loads of players swear by they, loads swear at them, kind of thing. they're very thin, flat and wide. depending on your point of view that could make them good or terrible for small hands.

i wouldn't worry too much about the pickup if you're using a modeller.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have cheked these bands gears;

Atlas genuis: American vintage Telecaster 52

Tom Delonge (Blink-182) uses either Es-335 or Strat, but both with humbucker pickup on bridge.

Sum41: Blacktop Telecaster (2 humbuckers)

The Tele blacktop is in the price range and it's a fine guitar in my opinion. (I'd go with the reissue thinline one thought but it's a matter of preferences). Or even Classic vibe Tele (however no humbucker on this one )

I like the epiphone es-335 as well. You could upgrade the pickups and stay in your price range, and it would sound awesome. Plenty of options
Just food for thought: small hands don't necessarily mean you need a small or thin neck. You may be more comfortable, you may not. Try playing a few different neck styles as you have to go by feel, not the size of your hands. My brother and I have very similar hands and I prefer thinner necks whereas he tends towards much thicker ones. It's all about what feels best to you.
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I'll be heading to a couple various guitar stores once I get back home for break.
+1 for some sorta tele. Very, very versatile guitar, from twang to metal. Even if its single coil you can get a SC sized humbucker.

Don't listen to a gc salesman until you learn more. He has his interest in mind, not yours. Trust yourself and fondle every guitar you come across, you'll find a good fit. Keep following UG, I know from experience that some of these guys give out excellent advice and are extremely helpful. And they're not trying to make money off you, they've just had a passion for guitar for a longer time than you.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Dec 19, 2013,
^ yeah treat what salespeople say with a pinch of salt

Quote by GeetarHeero
Just food for thought: small hands don't necessarily mean you need a small or thin neck. You may be more comfortable, you may not. Try playing a few different neck styles as you have to go by feel, not the size of your hands. My brother and I have very similar hands and I prefer thinner necks whereas he tends towards much thicker ones. It's all about what feels best to you.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?