I am looking for a new OD pedal. I currently have a Boss BD-2 (DS-1 and Big muff Pi if that matters). I do not want to spend a lot of money on an OD pedal. I would like o keep it under $100. The pedals that have caught my eye were the Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss SD-1, Biyang Baby Boomer Mad Driver OD-10 and the Biyang X-Drive OD-8 and the Delta Lab TO-1.

I play a Strat and a 335. using Fender Frontman amp.

Open to any suggestions for pedals under $100. Would also like to know what pedals you guys suggest and why?
GFS Greenie Classic $49 (this is one of the best TS clones I have used)
Bad Monkey $50 (I have this and it is decent for a cheap OD)
Hardwire CM-2 $90 (Better version of the Bad Monkey)
Paul Cochran Timmy $129 (totally worth it if you have a decent amp)
EHX Soul Food $70 (this is a new pedal, but a clone of a Klon Centaur which cost $1000+)

Out of all of these, the Timmy is the best I have used. I'm sure the Soul Food will be good, but it has not been released quite yet.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I don't know much about the pedals you just mentionned.

The joyo vintage overdrive is a very good clone of the almighty Tubescreamer and retails for about 38$. It sounds exactly the same. Chek it out on youtube; close your eyes and see if you can hear any difference.

The Blues driver (99$) is kinda nice too.

You can get very nice Marshall Mk1 clones on ebay for less than 100$. I ordered one not so long ago, still on its way home.

You could build one yourself for even less money, on BYOC or GGG. These kits often include mods as well so you can have your very own tone.
The sd1 or the greenie would be a good compliment to the bd2.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I just saw you have a Fender frontman, get a new amp first
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The SD-1 is a nice one for the price and sounds a tad better with the C6 removal mod.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
GFS Greenie Classic $49 (this is one of the best TS clones I have]

This is almost the exact same pedal as the Biyang X-Druve. Look them both up they look identical. Not sure about the sound though
A used hardwire cm-2 can be had for 40-50.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Stillhouse
The SD-1 is a nice one for the price and sounds a tad better with the C6 removal mod.

Is this a simple mod? I upgraded my od so I have my sd1 to spare and modding it for the hell of it sounds like a good time.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Very simple mod. You just remove one capacitor, C6:

http://www.squidoo.com/bosssd1
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Quote by Robbgnarly

+50 on this one, save to get a better amp because that one is teribad. Its one of the few amps out there that are worse then my no name practice amp. Seriously though get a new amp pedals wont save that one or make it tollerable.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Robbgnarly

Haha, as I was reading through I was wondering how long til someone said that. But yes, new amp time for you mate. Otherwise get whatever od pedal is cheapest cuz its not gonna matter anyway through a frontman
OD's work best in front of a tube amp. although they weren't originally designed for that it is the way they work best and the sound most people are after when they look for one. if the distortion sound is lacking then a distortion pedal through the clean channel is a better bet
Quote by Robbgnarly

+1

biyangs aren't that reliable, in my experience (and the gfs is a rebadged, possibly modded, biyang i think). the boss sd1 or bad monkey would be my choice on the cheap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I have had a GFS Greenie on my board for 1.5 yrs and it is a great pedal IMO. But I have it mounted on a board, so no jack moving/breaking possible
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by averyev32
I am looking for a new OD pedal. I currently have a Boss BD-2 (DS-1 and Big muff Pi if that matters). I do not want to spend a lot of money on an OD pedal. I would like o keep it under $100. The pedals that have caught my eye were the Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss SD-1, Biyang Baby Boomer Mad Driver OD-10 and the Biyang X-Drive OD-8 and the Delta Lab TO-1.

I play a Strat and a 335. using Fender Frontman amp.

Open to any suggestions for pedals under $100. Would also like to know what pedals you guys suggest and why?

I personally like the Bad Monkey it works well with my amp. Which can't be said for all pedals
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ I have had a GFS Greenie on my board for 1.5 yrs and it is a great pedal IMO. But I have it mounted on a board, so no jack moving/breaking possible

the switches were the problem on mine, I think. But I did read somewhere that GFS claimed theirs were upgraded, so
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the switches were the problem on mine, I think. But I did read somewhere that GFS claimed theirs were upgraded, so

I have the newer style one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah i just looked and the case looks different. maybe they're not biyang any more? they still look pretty close, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i just looked and the case looks different. maybe they're not biyang any more? they still look pretty close, though.

They might be. I do know that for $50 new, it is probably the best TS type pedal you can get.

Have you seen the new EHX Soul Food Dave? $70 Klon clone
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah I saw that, thanks for the heads up though. IIRC it doesn't specifically say it's a klone, it could well be something else which sounds similar.

but if it is a klone...

heck even if it isn't, a decent transparent(ish) od at a good price is pretty sweet (assuming it's not a clone of something which is available at a similar price )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well the way EHX site is worded it deff leads one to believe it is a Klone. I'm gonna get one just because. $63 I can chance, $500+ for a KTR or $1600+ for a Centaur no way
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Oh yeah I mean at that kind of money you can't go far wrong even if it's not a klone, as long as it's a decent-sounding od.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?