Guild stopped making electric guitars when Fender took over. A lot Guilds Acoustics are
made in Korea these days..so..is Guild Electronics,ie..M75/Starfire 3/Starfire 4/S-100 made
in the same Korean Plant as Grestch?? Hell..Fender..oops..CBS Owns them Both.
So..What Gives? All the Hardware and Electronics of every brand is made in Asia, and the majority of Woods are also imported..then they stick a made in USA label on it...
WTF...
Quote by Stormymonday
Guild stopped making electric guitars when Fender took over. A lot Guilds Acoustics are
made in Korea these days..so..is Guild Electronics,ie..M75/Starfire 3/Starfire 4/S-100 made
in the same Korean Plant as Grestch?? Hell..Fender..oops..CBS Owns them Both.
So..What Gives? All the Hardware and Electronics of every brand is made in Asia, and the majority of Woods are also imported..then they stick a made in USA label on it...
WTF...

CBS has not owned Fender since the early 1980's

Good USA made guitars have hardware that is made in the USA. Yes there are some guitars that have some Import hardware, but very, very few

Besides what is this tread's point? seems like you wanted to start a shit fest, but you are clueless on what your talking about
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Guild's American Patriarch series guitars are made in the U.S.A. The rest are not. All of the American Patriarch series guitars are hollowbody or semi-hollowbody guitars. As far as I know, Guild now offers only one solidbody electric - the S100 Polara, which is part of their "Newark Street" series. I do not know where overseas it is made, but it is said to be a very good guitar.

It is illegal to place a label or mark stating "Made in U.S.A." on any product where at least 85% (I believe it is 85% - it might be 75%) of the thing is not made in the United States. That is why you sometimes see labels that say "Crafted in the U.S.A." This means that it was assembled in the U.S.A. out of imported parts.

Guild is owned by FMIC - Fender Musical Instrument Corporation, as are Jackson, Charvel, Gretsch, Hamer, Ovation and EVH Guitars.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley