I am looking on buying a good modeling amp. But the line 6 spider IV 76 watt amp and the Peavey Vypyr 75 75-Watt 1x12-Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier are two tht I can't choose between.

So which one do you recommend and why?

Thanks
What: Vypyr

Why: Because it's a better amp.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Neither

Used Vypyr tube 60. $300 ish
This
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Between those two, the Vypyr by a mile. In general, the Vypyr tube 60 by another mile.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Not to follow the general senses but yeah vyper tube 60, I've had mine for 3 years and still love it to death.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
Quote by total_pegasus
I am looking on buying a good modeling amp. But the line 6 spider IV 76 watt amp and the Peavey Vypyr 75 75-Watt 1x12-Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier are two tht I can't choose between.

So which one do you recommend and why?

Thanks

What type of music do you play? If you are into metal the old vypyrs are better.

The new ones are really tweaked towards plug any instrument in and get a good set-up.

Old vypyrs were great for metal. Haven't had too much experience with the new ones.

I, like many others here aren't really a fan of the spider series. They are beginner amps and you will quickly outgrow them.

There are other amps out there that might be better suited for you so please let us know what type of music you are into playing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
How much better is a tube vyper to a non-tube vyper?

I also agree about getting the Vyper over the Spider. I love Line 6, but the Spider is only good as a practice amp, and not a tone seeking amp.

Vyper sounds amazing and has an amazing effects interface with numerous effects.
Quote by Clay-man
How much better is a tube vyper to a non-tube vyper?

I also agree about getting the Vyper over the Spider. I love Line 6, but the Spider is only good as a practice amp, and not a tone seeking amp.

Vyper sounds amazing and has an amazing effects interface with numerous effects.

worth owning and growing with you on the tube 60. and as far as the non tube vypyrs, you will want something new in a few weeks/months.

HOWEVER vypyr trumps the spider every time IMO
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Take the Vypyr. I have a Vypyr 15 for home practice and I love it. Can't go wrong with Peaveys modelling amps. But I also generally agree to Vypyr Tube > Vypyr. Nothing can beat tubes.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
What type of tones do you like playing with? If you don't play metal, a vox vt may be a better option, depending on your ears. The vt doesn't really do metal well, but it has excellent low-mid gain tone for the price.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
What type of tones do you like playing with? If you don't play metal, a vox vt may be a better option, depending on your ears. The vt doesn't really do metal well, but it has excellent low-mid gain tone for the price.

+1
Vypyr for metal, VT for rock/blues
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Im not sure what everyone else here thinks but I was pleasantly surprised by the new roland cubes. My brother just got the 20gx and for a little practice amp it was actually quite good. I can only imagine what the 80gx would be like, but going off how pleasing the 20gx was, I recon its a contender and to my ears it was definately better that a vyper, and spyders arent even close.
when it comes to modeling amps you cant beat a line6 flextone 3 xl they use the same algorythms as a vetta and they are a real gig worthy amp not just practice amps
Totally forgot about the Roland cubes, very impressive for a little bedroom/dorm amp.
Super easy to bring around with you to, not great for jams or live due to volume but some solid tones from it.

Tone wise I think the vypyr is the better option though.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
I own a Peavey Deuce and these amps are made to run at high volume to get the best tone out of them. To offset the volume get a Fish and Chip's EQ for about $20 and run it in front of the amp. Cut the first four controls on the Fish and Chip's to zero and you will be good to go.
Quote by BigHeadClan
Totally forgot about the Roland cubes, very impressive for a little bedroom/dorm amp.
Super easy to bring around with you to, not great for jams or live due to volume but some solid tones from it.

Tone wise I think the vypyr is the better option though.

Ehh. I feel that Cube amp sounds as tinny as the spider.

Both of those amps have old modeling technology in them. Vyper sounds pretty close to modern modeling standards so I'd go with that.

I'm sure you can dial in some awesome stuff, but you have to do a lot of tweaking to bring out the character of a Roland Cube or Spider.