So i decided not to buy a squier electric guitar since the decent ones cost higher than the budget i can afford. Then a friend of mine suggested these two models of epiphones. I've been reading reviews for these two here in ultimate guitar as well and they said it's worth buying for someone who has tight budget. I'm just wondering if any of you guys bought either of these guitars and i want to know the pros and cons of both. Also, if i will buy either of them, can you guys suggest a nice sounding amp (with clean and distortion) that will cost around $100? Thank you so much
As I recall, the LP100 is basically just a Special II with a carved top. And my one rule of Epiphone is to stay well clear of anything that has Special in the name.

If you could spare a few extra bucks I would go for the SG G-400. It is only very slightly more expensive than the 310 but you get mahogany body and neck (310 is alder and maple). You also get a set neck rather than a bolt on and better electronics.
Within that budget, you might wanna look at some other brands like agile.
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
Quote by DanishViking
As I recall, the LP100 is basically just a Special II with a carved top. And my one rule of Epiphone is to stay well clear of anything that has Special in the name.

If you could spare a few extra bucks I would go for the SG G-400. It is only very slightly more expensive than the 310 but you get mahogany body and neck (310 is alder and maple). You also get a set neck rather than a bolt on and better electronics.

It's slightly expensive but i can make up for it. Though there are two kinds of g-400 when i searched. There's faded and pro. Are they the same?
Quote by shounakghosh7
Within that budget, you might wanna look at some other brands like agile.

I don't know that there are Agiles under about $200.
RondoMusic does have some other brands that fit pretty tightly into that budget, however.
The Epiphone G-400 faded finishes will only cost you $50 more than the G-310 and give you a better guitar.
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
Quote by dspellman
I don't know that there are Agiles under about $200.
RondoMusic does have some other brands that fit pretty tightly into that budget, however.

I was thinking more along the lines of him stretching the budget for the g400. I think an al-2xxx series guitar might be a better guitar for the money than a g400
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
The Les Paul 100 was the second guitar I ever owned. The playability is pretty good, the mahogany body and neck with maple top give it comfortable weight and good warm tone. The pick-ups are decent for a guitar in this price range and they can always be upgraded later. Having separate tone and volume for the neck and bridge give a bit of versatility. I currently use mine as a beat around guitar as I do a lot of traveling and to this point have no complaints after 3 years of playing it.

With all that having been said you might be able to find a good deal on a used les paul studio or standard or a G-400 at your local guitar shop in that same price range. Just food for thought.
Assuming you are based in the US i would check Guitar Center's preowned stuff.
Regarding amps I just saw a series of Peavey Vypyrs (I like them), Boss Cubes, Fender Mustangs etc all under $100.

The same can be applied to guitars if you are willing to buy used.
Many Epi LP Studios in the under $250 budget and I know from when I was in the states looking for a guitar I found lots of other very good guitars for a similar price.

As everyone else said though, the SG G400 is considerably better than the two models you initially mentioned
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
The answer to your question is neither. They BOTH suck. If you want a Les Paul-ish guitar look at ESP LTD used, or a used higher end Epiphone, or Agile.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I just bought a used Epi G310, made in 2012, with Grover tuners, excellent condition on line at GC for $119.00. Put new strings on it, excellent!  Perfect tonation, great action, humbuckers play clean and distorted.  Definitely check on line used at Guitar Center.  They have a 45 day return policy, no questions asked, take it back to any store if you don't like it.  I own Fender Teles and Strats , an Epi LP '56 Gold Top (made in 2010, bought from GC used for $185.  the P90's on this ebony gold top are incredible)  and 3 acoustics.  I think the older G310's maybe better quality.

Last edited by bh1812 at Aug 19, 2017,
This thread is really old. Try not to necrobump
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.