'Dogecoin' is exploding right now...it's like bitcoin except a meme...

Page 1 of 2
Anybody watching this thing? It's getting hyped all around the internet. People are even selling things to each other over on reddit..the price has doubled just since earlier today. One guy even took a shit on his laptop screen for like 100k dogecoins. It's currently the 13th largest cryptocurrency on coinmarketcap.com. Your thoughts?
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
What have we become
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Is it too late to start mining doge coins now? Sorry if its a stupid question, I don't really understand bit coins either
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
Nothing that is seriously related to internet memes can have worldly worth. Myth busted, go home.

The toolbar in this made me chuckle though.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 19, 2013,
Quote by shounakghosh7
Is it too late to start mining doge coins now? Sorry if its a stupid question, I don't really understand bit coins either

many late
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Nothing that is seriously related to internet memes can have worldly worth. Myth busted, go home.

The toolbar in this made me chuckle though.

I laughed my ass off and i don't even know what half of that toolbar means
ayy lmao
much doge very coin
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
All these buttminers can go to hell. They're driving up the prices on AMD video cards. I really want a 280X but at the prices they're at now I can't afford one.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Much spendable?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by shounakghosh7

Nah it's not even worth it for your electricity bill

100,000 doge coins isn't even worth a penny, it's just a joke that's going to die in three months max.
dogecoin is garbage. it's a pump 'n' dump. it might be exploding due to novelty, but it doesn't have what makes bitcoin worthwhile for those who actually use it as an investment/commodity/currency.

there's a cap on bitcoin. once it reaches 21,000,000, that's it. no more will come. this is why people love it. it's unlike a govt currency where they can print more of it and create artificial inflation. however, dogecoin not only has a cap of 100,000,000,000, but it will also keep creating an additional million per year even after the cap is reached (if it's reached). which means that it doesn't have the staying power of bitcoin.

you can make money on it for sure, but don't do anything long-term.
I tried mining dogecoins for 15 minutes and managed to make 1/100ths of a penny.

Not worth for throttling my gpu
ggg1 ggg3

Doge is a dumb meme.

inb4 someone responds to this post with doge
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Sums up the ridiculousness of cryptocoins. Value out of no where for no reason.
not at all true. these are valueless, yes, but btc isn't. don't look at it like a currency, look at it as half currency, half commodity. ones like btc with a specific cap and no ability to create more make it way more legit than other bullshit ones.
Quote by progdude93
not at all true. these are valueless, yes, but btc isn't. don't look at it like a currency, look at it as half currency, half commodity. ones like btc with a specific cap and no ability to create more make it way more legit than other bullshit ones.

But BTC is inherently valueless because it has no practical application whatsoever, even less than gold. The idea that it's worth something just because it's scarce is dumb and it's why we don't pay in gold coins anymore. Scarcity only matters when there's practicality behind the commodity. Oil has inherent value because we need it for practical reasons and there's a limited supply. But no one needs Bitcoins for anything. BTC are limited but so what? The limit is inconsequential to anything.

Also the point that there's a set amount of them and more can't be printed is a fallacy. Yes, the current BTC algorithm only outputs 21,000,000 solutions but the organizers of BTC can very easily just create a second algorithm with a second set of unique solutions to mine and create more Bitcoins. Litecoin and Namecoin just poofed their own coins into existence by creating their own algorithms. BTC haven't found a reason to add more yet but that doesn't mean they can't in the future.
Last edited by Seref at Dec 22, 2013,
i have no idea what any of this means. whats bitcoin? what?
someone summarize for us confused peasants please
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
people that think bitcoins are a good idea have never heard of tulip mania
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
people that think bitcoins are a good idea have never heard of tulip mania

look at this educated ****er, referring to the first bubble the world ever knew. the reason bitcoin isn't like the tulip bulbs (or were they seeds) is because their value is in their function. bitcoin represents the most efficient and untraceable way (for now) to transfer or hold money. considering you can have millions (hell, even billions) on a damn hard drive and be able to transfer them fairly anonymously means they'll have value for a looooong time.
Quote by Seref
But BTC is inherently valueless because it has no practical application whatsoever, even less than gold. The idea that it's worth something just because it's scarce is dumb and it's why we don't pay in gold coins anymore. Scarcity only matters when there's practicality behind the commodity. Oil has inherent value because we need it for practical reasons and there's a limited supply. But no one needs Bitcoins for anything. BTC are limited but so what? The limit is inconsequential to anything.

Also the point that there's a set amount of them and more can't be printed is a fallacy. Yes, the current BTC algorithm only outputs 21,000,000 solutions but the organizers of BTC can very easily just create a second algorithm with a second set of unique solutions to mine and create more Bitcoins. Litecoin and Namecoin just poofed their own coins into existence by creating their own algorithms. BTC haven't found a reason to add more yet but that doesn't mean they can't in the future.

Not even slightly true. It's not worth something because it's scarce, and the fact that you said that shows that you missed my point. It has value, AND the fact that it has a limit (not that it's scarce) means that it should hold value without governments being able to **** it up with inflation. That's the whole point.

Bitcoin is something that people who don't have faith in government controlled economies can put their money in while still being able to use and transfer it (mostly) anonymously. They don't have to keep it in a bank, they don't have to trust that the government won't print more currency and devalue theirs. And btw, there can't be any more bitcoins. They're capped at 21 million. The dude(s) who made btc can make a NEW cryptocurrency, but there's no need.
I can only assume progdude was a ron paul fan too
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
I can only assume progdude was a ron paul fan too

Hey, I'm not saying I see the need for them myself. I don't own any. However, the european banking crises have led to all sorts of international businessmen investing in bitcoin, which led to legitimate investment.

Also, I've said numerous times how Ron Paul is batshit crazy.
People are all over this just because the difficulty to actually mine it is still low. As more of it is created, normal jackoffs won't be able to mine any significant amount anymore. Bitcoin always required way more computing power than dogecoin does.

Not to mention people made this as a goddam joke, so stop getting your panties all in a bunch. They were as surprised as anyone when it suddenly became a semi-legit cryptocurrency overnight.
Quote by progdude93
Not even slightly true. It's not worth something because it's scarce, and the fact that you said that shows that you missed my point. It has value, AND the fact that it has a limit (not that it's scarce) means that it should hold value without governments being able to **** it up with inflation. That's the whole point.

Bitcoin is something that people who don't have faith in government controlled economies can put their money in while still being able to use and transfer it (mostly) anonymously. They don't have to keep it in a bank, they don't have to trust that the government won't print more currency and devalue theirs. And btw, there can't be any more bitcoins. They're capped at 21 million. The dude(s) who made btc can make a NEW cryptocurrency, but there's no need.

Shut up ******, the federal reserve is good for you regardless of what the long term effects of 3% annual inflation will be when your kids are around. (inb4 "well just move to a global fiat currency" gg america **** all of you)

Use USD, it is good for your health.
Page 1 of 2