Poll: Could you cope with this situation?
Poll Options
View poll results: Could you cope with this situation?
Yes, it's only a celebrity crush/bit of fangirl behaviour.
9 21%
Nope, that should be left to teenage schoolkids and the forever alone.
33 79%
Voters: 42.
Well, I was watching something blow up on FB between a girl I know, and her bf (what else do you do when bored and only Facebook to entertain?) and wondered who The Pit would side with just for the hell of it all.

Essentially, the girl (from what I can gather) is obsessed with a few musicians and when one in particular tours the UK she goes to several of the shows, meeting up with other members of some sort of fanpage (I think that's how they all know each other, at least) and do everything to meet the guy.

Her latest status before it all kicked off was about the musician looking at her several times during the gig, and blowing a kiss to her.

Logged in today and it appears her bf has told her "It's him* or me", to paraphrase and not give the name of the musician away, to keep any bias you may have for/against the musician out of things.

So, my question is thus: Could you cope with a fiance/significant other travelling the country chasing after famous musicians (or people), spending lots of money on gig and train tickets, and generally being a bit obsessed with them?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I had to leave my girlfriend after she became obsessed with Ian Watkins, I think she has a baby now.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I had to leave my girlfriend after she became obsessed with Ian Watkins, I think she has a baby now.

ಠ_ಠ
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Depends on the extent of the crush, a girl I knew actually self-harmed because she knew she would never be with Matt Bellamy.
She was also batshit insane and would probably have cut herself for any other reason.
Since only a complete imbecile would do something as stupid as becoming obsessed with a musician, yes i would dump the bitch.
Quote by lemmyisgod97

Knew it was coming.

Kinda like Ian Watkins was.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by lemmyisgod97

Predictable 3/10.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Gantz92
Since only a complete imbecile would do something as stupid as becoming obsessed with a musician, yes i would dump the bitch.

This.

I mean, it's cool to have heroes and it's alright if you like a band or a musician, but there is a point where too far is too far.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

if they treat someone they have never met with anything more than apathy then it is too much
Quote by korinaflyingv
Masturbating over naked pictures is fine, any further and it starts getting weird.

I can relate
I see it all the time at clubs after gigs, guys and girls going up to the band like, "OMG, hi, do you remember me? I met you here! I met you there! I liked your Facebook page! FRIEND ME!"

And then I see that awkward look on the guys face as he has to force himself to say 'yes' to prevent being stabbed and decapitated by a crazed psychotic fan...
Originally posted by suckmybassriffs
To become the great tabber, you must first... BECOME A TAB!

Originally posted by Svelle
dude your like the tabbing-master... seriously!

Nah but seriously, i just really wanted to use that gif

I think it's fine on the girls part. Boyfriend needs to chill out. Unless she's actively trying to **** the musicians (which probably wont happen) then who cares.
Sounds to me like she wants to suck this dude off, in which case I side with him
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by vayne92

Nah but seriously, i just really wanted to use that gif

I think it's fine on the girls part. Boyfriend needs to chill out. Unless she's actively trying to **** the musicians (which probably wont happen) then who cares.

Well, she's a woman/adult, not a girl with no responsibilities if you got the impression that these people are young and carefree/still in school.

At what point, if ever, should people 'grow out' of chasing celebrities around the country several times each tour of a band they like? I mean, it is a pretty expensive thing to do

Edit: E.g. if you were married, would you be cool with your wife doing this? Would you approve of your mother doing this? That's how the question should relate, rather than how you'd feel about an insignificant relationship while in high school.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Well, she's a woman/adult, not a girl with no responsibilities if you got the impression that these people are young and carefree/still in school.

At what point, if ever, should people 'grow out' of chasing celebrities around the country several times each tour of a band they like? I mean, it is a pretty expensive thing to do

Edit: E.g. if you were married, would you be cool with your wife doing this? Would you approve of your mother doing this? That's how the question should relate, rather than how you'd feel about an insignificant relationship while in high school.

I suppose it depends on the age, yeah that i can agree with. If you're any older than like 20 i think it's a bit lame.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I had to leave my girlfriend after she became obsessed with Ian Watkins, I think she is a baby now.

ftfy

But to answer your question TS, no. No I do not date psychopaths.
I don't think I could be in a relationship with a girl like that to begin with. Having a favourite band is one thing, devoting so much time and money towards stalking them is something else completely.

I can't imagine that a person who is so obsessed with a band can be completely normal in all other aspects. The craziness would become apparent.
In university one of my gf's banged one of the horn players in Less than Jake, not even the singer, a horn player. So I banged her roomate, problem solved itself.
Quote by slash_GNR666
Knew it was coming.

Kinda like Ian Watkins was.

No.
ayy lmao
It's not that I could be jealous or worried that she meets the guy and f*cks him but more like "girl, grow up."

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
If my SO were chasing a celebrity like a lunatic and doing everything he can to meet the celebrity, I'd find that creepy and unattractive. But if he is a huge fan and would spend a bunch of money to see them tour, that's understandable.

But then again, if my BF saw Jessica Alba in person, he'd go batshit crazy and I'd be ok with that. He's had an imaginary wedding arrangement with her since before we met.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko

But then again, if my BF saw Jessica Alba in person, he'd go batshit crazy and I'd be ok with that. He's had an imaginary wedding arrangement with her since before we met.

Wow......

ayy lmao
Quote by kikaykitko
If my SO were chasing a celebrity like a lunatic and doing everything he can to meet the celebrity, I'd find that creepy and unattractive. But if he is a huge fan and would spend a bunch of money to see them tour, that's understandable.

Aww thats cute.

Quote by metal4eva_22
If i ever saw Ellen Page or Jennifer Lawrence IRL if it would be very hard for me to not lose my shit
Sail upon the open skies
Even if I were fine with her having such a huge crush on certain musicians, the fact that she would spend tons of money to essentially chase after them would be ridiculous. It's one thing if someone really gushes about how certain celebrities are sexy/hot, but it's another if they go off and spend all this cash on obsessing over them.
Nah id hate for a gf to go behind my back with an obssesion

Quote by angusfan16
If i ever saw Ellen Page or Jennifer Lawrence IRL if it would be very hard for me to not lose my shit

I really dont see why most people are obssessed with her
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong

I really dont see why most people are obssessed with her
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Not really there are far more hotter actresses out there
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
If I saw Jennifer Lawrence in the street I wouldn't need to go up to her, she'd go up to me and be like "Ohhh my gawwwd I want your hairrrr!"

Quote by metal4eva_22
It's Harry Connick Jr isn't it?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by chookiecookie

My mom does do this. So does my wife (not so much anymore, no one interesting coming to our area). It's their money, it's harmless.

Wife isn't bothered by my AKB48 obssesion either.
I side with the boyfriend, except I wouldn't write all this on fb so everyone can see.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Really depends on how mental she was.

If it was more of a "I ****ing love this band, and the singer is the best part" and she followed the band and the singer for their talent (which she would have to articulate beyond "OMG he's so hot") I may be swayed to live with it. As long as it didn't come between her and I. The moment she started neglecting her relationships (with me or someone else) because of this band member, I'd give the ultimatum.

If it was literally just one of those fangirl things where, "OMG HE'S SO DREAMY" and she claimed he was her one true love and shit like that. I wouldn't even bother giving her an ultimatum, I'd call it quits there and then. Even if that guy drops off the radar and she moves on from him, there's just gonna be another dude to place on that pedestal of hers. No actual relationship would fill that void she's created through idol worship.