Hey,

It's time to get rid of my Fender Mustang 3. I am looking to get a good all tube amp under £600. I was thinking either a head with a 2x12 cab or a 2x12 combo.

I really wanted a Marshall, but the price was too high for what i wanted. If only a DSL40c was 2x12 aswell that would be what i want.

I play some clean stuff but i mainly play sort of like classic/hard rock (Guns n Roses/Pink Floyd kinda stuff).
I'd say go head+cab, you won't regret it. It allows you to change amps in the future when you feel you need a change, which isn't really possible with a combo. Also a head and 2x12 is much more portable than a combo.

What gear do you currently have btw?
Get a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 and you'll have some money left-over for new tubes if you need them and a pedal or two (Bad Monkey for a boost and maybe an EQ or Delay pedal)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ambler3
I'd say go head+cab, you won't regret it. It allows you to change amps in the future when you feel you need a change, which isn't really possible with a combo. Also a head and 2x12 is much more portable than a combo.

What gear do you currently have btw?

I have
Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro
Fender Mustang III (With footswitch)
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
I've just seen a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 on eBay, only used a few times in a studio for £350!!!! DDDDDD
Laney VC50.

Hunt around and get a steal.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
jet city is probably worth a look, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tehbadgr
I've just seen a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 on eBay, only used a few times in a studio for £350!!!! DDDDDD

This
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan