Hi All,

So here is my signal chain. Guitar > Line-6 pocket pod > Scarlett 2i2 > Laptop computer > Reaper DAW.

What I am noticing is that whenever i play in to the interface, i am loosing good tone qualities from my signal, compared to when i just play out of the pocket pod.

Or even if i just plug my guitar direct in to the interface, i still notice the sound seeming muffled and low on sustain.

Is it normal to loose sound quality when playing a signal through the interface??

I'm pretty new to this stuff, so not real sure what to expect.

Thanks.
It's not normal to "lose sound quality" there, no.

what signal flow are you comparing it with? It sounds muffled compared with what?

Do you have samples you can show us?
Is the signal clipping?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by tim_mop
It's not normal to "lose sound quality" there, no.

what signal flow are you comparing it with? It sounds muffled compared with what?

Do you have samples you can show us?

Thanks for trying to help.

I'm mainly compairing from when I play in to my pod direct, using headphones...And then when i play through the pod, in to the interface, with headphones as well, no monitors.

When i plug in from the pod to the interface, the sound get muffled a bit, (less volume, and sustain) and it's not as crisp or clear.

I don't really know how i can show this to you?

No, there's no clipping.
Okay, how are you getting from POD to Scarlett? Is it a line level signal? Is your cable balanced? How long is the cable?
It's possible the out from your pod is at a different level than the input on your interface. As in it could be out putting line level and you're putting it into an instrument plug.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!