I really dig the sound some of these guitarists get when they run their signal into two delay pedals; one set for short, the other long.

I have a Boss DD-3 now, but I would be willing to get a couple more identical delays to experiment with. I wanted to get a Vox Time Machine, but those are out of make apparently. My next option was to buy a used one, or to go with another delay. A memory man is $300ish, which is a little pricey for a delay in my opinion, but maybe worth it?

Anyone have thoughts on perhaps something I haven't heard of?
How does a Carbon Copy hold up?

If it's true bypass, that will sell me a little more.

Thanks in advance.
Deluxe Memory Boy.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
EHX delay's are great. Just like souperman08 suggested, go down into EHX delays line and you'll probably find something within your budget.

Carbon Coby is pretty strong too.

I have a Way-Huge by Dunlop Aqua-puss (Short delay) that is doing the job incredibly well.
I've got the deluxe memory man and its amazing, but i recently tried out the memory boy and its probably actually closer to the sound I was originally going for so they're definitely an awesome delay pedal.
Look into the Strymon El Capistan or Brigadier. Strymon makes some of the best time-based effects I've ever heard.
The Carbon Copy is fantastic wherever you put it. However, if you ever plan on running stereo through two fx loops, or even not, the Echo Park is pretty tits. I run one after my DD7, set to ping pong. They can be kinda janky, but theres a lot going on there for the price and size.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by bobross at Dec 20, 2013,
tc electronic flashback. i really dont see how anything under 200 can touch it. stupid amount of features, toneprint, about 9 delays, its fairly quality, small / normal size.

i am so darn happy with mine. i even thought i was a die hard analog guy, but it can model an analog tone and sound better than the lower end EHX analog delays i tried or owned! so, im converted.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I highly recommend any version of malekko's Ekko 616. I have the dark, and it's rather syrupy.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
but it can model an analog tone and sound better than the lower end EHX analog delays i tried or owned! so, im converted.

Since it's digital, evey single repeat is the same. When it comes to analog delay, the nice thing is that it won't be the exact same repeat each time.
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll have to try our the memory boy.

Quote by jpnyc
Amazon is still dumping Time Machines for $123.81.

Most of those are coming from Japan.

Does anyone have a Time Machine? How do you like it? I've heard only good things.
I like malekko's delays better than the comparatively priced EHX/MXR varieties for analog delay. I can't think of a better ~$150 analog delay than the 616.
RIP Gooze

cats
thats the thing. their analog setting is near identical.

if not, they have a dynamics setting which adjust the repeats / intensity to you pick attack. its really slick. and they have an analog and lo-fi setting, both have darker, warmer repeats.

the best digital setting is the 2290 setting, the classic TC delay digital tone.

the pont is, i was a die hard analog man until i toyed with this , and i sat there and every time i liked the delay better with te TC. not just for digital but on the analog modelling settings. its just better.

and the tone print? dude. i can beam new tones any time i want, from my i phone thru the guitar pickups. i can be at a gig between songs, beam a new tone in, and be good to go in 30 secondsd.

WTF. who does that? TC rocks.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I've owned around a dozen delays but now use a strymon el capistan for everything, it also does short and long delays together by itself either quarter note and sixteenth or dotted eight and sixteenth, you could also tap the tempo on eights to get eighth and 32nd as well
Well I don't own the toneprint delay. But I do have a TC gmajor and a tc nova repeater. And can attest that they make very nice delays
I've got to ask how it is at self-oscillation though? I'm pretty disappointed that the repeater doesn't self oscillate. Although infinite repeats without oscillating is pretty cool.

I'm really GAS'ing for a strymon el cap (or timeline) and if TS can stretch his budget than he should seriously consider it. But if he is looking in that price range there are a bunch of other really nice options to look at. Such as
RIP Gooze

cats
TC Electronics Flashback is nice and so is the TC Alter Ego.

If you like the EHX why not buy used? You will save a lot of money. There are 2 used Stereo MM for $150 on www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1 to the Flashback/Alter Ego.

I own the Alter Ego, and love it! I especially like the modulation and ER delay settings. They just make clean chords/riffs sound so full and vibrant. The only thing I dislke about the AE, is the lack of tap tempo.

I had a time machine for a few days. Liked it, but I think I like my AE more.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I find TC's tap-strumming-feature thing just as easy to use and useful as tap tempo once you get used to it
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
I find TC's tap-strumming-feature thing just as easy to use and useful as tap tempo once you get used to it

Thanks for that tid-bit. I did a little listening and I do like the TC Flaskback.

What's the deal with the micro switches, particularly the one that contributes to the wet/dry out?
I also had a question regarding the TC electronic Alter ego and Flashback?

I can't seem to find a lot of information on the alter ego.
Quote by dogismycopilot
I also had a question regarding the TC electronic Alter ego and Flashback?

I can't seem to find a lot of information on the alter ego.

Can't help with the other question, but to my understanding the alter ego is basically just a limited edition flashback made for pro guitar shop and thus featuring 2 of andy's presets. Functionality is exactly the same from what I know.

Personally I like the alter ego's presets more
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Dec 23, 2013,
Quote by mulefish
I like malekko's delays better than the comparatively priced EHX/MXR varieties for analog delay. I can't think of a better ~$150 analog delay than the 616.

3.1415. malekko 616's are the way to go for analog.

the only reason i would ever get something otherwise for an analog a delay would be tap tempo.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/