So, if anybody has browsed the bass forum lately you've probably seen that I found a 1961 Fender Jazz Bass in my grandmothers attic that has no real sentimental attachment. So, I've decided I'm going to sell it and put the money towards school and a good apartment setup.

I'm a college student living in am apartment, and I will probably never jam with a band again. But I'm also a bit of a tone freak and, while my vypyr suits my needs, I miss my tube amps. But obviously I need something capable of not disturbing my neighbors. I play literally everything from Johnny Cash, to Stevie Ray Vaughn, to AC/DC, to killswitch engage. A two channel amp is definitely a huge plus, and I need it to cover the styles above. I prefer a fairly dark tone.

I've been looking at the Baron Snott Watt. My question is, is it versatile enough to do the styles listed above? And I'd be happy to take other suggestion.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
No experience with the Snott Watt, but several people I trust really like theirs, and I've never heard anything bad about Baron. Also take a look at the Fryette GP/DI, though it probably won't be out until Spring for those who didn't preorder. It's single channel, but it uses the Deliverance preamp, which is incredibly versatile and will do everything from jazz to djent with no problems. 1W output that can be sent to a speaker cab, or used with an emulated cab out to a PA, recording interface or headphones. Can also be sent to a larger power amp before going to a cab if you need more output power in the future. I preordered mine the day the Kickstarter went up.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What's the Freyette going for? And I would really love an effects loop. Single channel is a bit of a turn off, but I could work with it, I do love the sounds the deliverence makes.

Also, how is the Baron with low gain? Most of the clips I've heard have been metal or clean.

Oh ya, 311, I almost said screw it and went for a used Quickrod an Splawn 212 that's sitting in our Guitar Center, but I am 110% sure I would get myself evicted due to noise complaints
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

I figured everyone here had forgotten about me by now lol.

I moved to Murfreesboro (Nashville area) earlier this year for school. I haven't been on in a while because I've been busy with work, getting a pilot's license, and chasing an aerospace degree. But things have slowed down a bit for me now so lookout UG I'm back!

Kyle and his Barons were the reason I wanted a Snott Watt, so I was hoping he'd weigh in here :/

EDIT: how about the Quickrod and an attenuator? Obviously I couldn't dime it, but maybe I could turn it up just enough to thicken the sound up like it should be. I would be using preamp gain anyways
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Last edited by classicrocker01 at Dec 22, 2013,