Page 1 of 2
So any of you guys siblings get treated better or do you get treated better than any of your siblings, my older sister has always had behavioural problems ( I think she might be Bipolar, but everyone in my family's afraid to ask her to visit a psychologist). And i've noticed that no matter what my sister does (even as far as her seriously beating up her boyfriend) my mum never criticizes her yet always she always gets pissed off at me when I suggest that we call the police because what she has done to her boyfriend and others (she tried to run at my dad with a knife once) is not on. I asked my mum once what would she do if my girlfriend told her that I was hitting or abusing her and she said she would ring the police and disown me, so I asked why is it different with my sister.
Anyway, this is just me raging because i'm sick of being moaned at for leaving school early even though I work full time and my sister and her boyfriend are the one's with a baby, still live with us, and the only work any of them has done in 2 years was him working once a week for the last month, and he strolls in yesterday and actual quote, "It's great, no work until March". Yet i'm the one being told that if I ever lose my job i'll be kicked out.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
In what way, and why ?

my parents (well mom and granddad) are okay with giving me money if i need it because they know getting a job in this area is tough. they arent up my ass about it but i dont ask often anyway. only if i need food. im also lucky enough to not have to pay any sort of bills under their roof so thats a huge plus. its because i dont call my mom a bitch, tell her i hate her, and say she is a shit parent almost routinely like my sisters have a habit of doing. they are the proto-typical "everything is never my fault and everyone else is the bad guy" kind of bitchy kids
in my experience, all children are loved and hated by their parents equally.
however, there's always the one who insists they get treated worse than the others, when really, they should just pull out the tampon, put on their big girl panties, and man the **** up.

#firstbornmasterrace
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Harvey Swick
in my experience, all children are loved and hated by their parents equally.
however, there's always the one who insists they get treated worse than the others, when really, they should just pull out the tampon, put on their big girl panties, and man the **** up.

#firstbornmasterrace

But wait, If they're wearing tampons and panties wouldn't they need to woman the **** up? Plus it's probably laundry day, that's why they have to wear their old panties while they wash everything else. And if they take the tampon out they'll soil their panties. Then what will they wear? They'll have to wait for the new panties to come out of the dryer then do another wash and I don't think they have that many quarters.
I'm the youngest, and I got away with a lot more. My brother had a curfew and got in shit when he was caught drinking when he was in high school. Those two things did not apply to me when I got to that age.
Quote by abacus!
But wait, If they're wearing tampons and panties wouldn't they need to woman the **** up? Plus it's probably laundry day, that's why they have to wear their old panties while they wash everything else. And if they take the tampon out they'll soil their panties. Then what will they wear? They'll have to wait for the new panties to come out of the dryer then do another wash and I don't think they have that many quarters.

its hard to be a woman
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I'm the middle child of three siblings and I think that we are all treated equally. Although my younger brother probably thinks that he gets it worse because he's at that age (rebellious teen in his last year of school and is horrified by the small amount of effort that is needed to attain any sort of future career). Kids have no idea how easy school life is, then again I was the same at that age
"my parents are SO unfair! they just don't understand! i'm gonna make a thread about it!"

ahhh **** it. where's minterman when you need him?
as I understand, this is quite normal. I have in fact seen it happen, not to me, I don't have siblings.
banned
When I still lived with my parents, I would get generally worse treatment than my younger brother, just because they saw him as a more successful kid - even though we usually did the same things through school or out of school, he was praised for being my equal at everything (theres 15 months between us). I was generally more of pain in school too, whereas he was teachers pet, and hated getting into trouble.

However, now I have a place of my own (rented though), and my brother has dropped out of college, started wasting their money on a massive scale through his crazy smoking habit (about 20/30 a day), whining like a baby if he doesn't get clothes/expensive luxuries and driving their car everywhere, wasting god knows how much fuel, just to look like a badass in front of his mates.

He works as an engineers apprentice and makes about £200 a week, which isn't enough to live by, but is enough to at least contribute to the families economy - none sees where his money goes, as he doesn't buy his own food, clothes or fuel for the car. He also had a drug habit, which he fed by stealing from my family and selling our possessions, but luckily he has kicked it for now.

My parents now see me as more successful (doing well at my degree, have a stable house and fiancee) and talk to me as an equal usually, and often tell my brother to be more like me.

My fiancees mum treated her like absolute garbage when growing up though. Being the middle child between two selfish idiots meant that she rarely got presents at christmas or birthdays, and if either of her sisters blamed her for anything, she would get cruel punishments, like physical abuse, or being locked in the garden for hours. Her mum even admitted to not liking her, and said she went out of her way to punish her, in the hopes that she would stop being 'different' - even though her sisters are pretty awful people, and she's a lovely, caring person.

Parents who treat their kids differently are not in the wrong - every kid needs different treatment, you can't just have a cookie cutter parent role. However, when one or more kids get preferential treatment, it really upsets me, because as parents, you should be doing your best to make all of your kids happy and giving them an environment where they can be the best they can be.

Maybe I have a pretty optimistic outlook on how I'm going to raise my future kids, but I know that I won't be giving one preferential treatment. Different, maybe, because chances are, they will be different people, but never one better than the others.
Oldest of 3, 10 years being the gap between me and the next one down.
My siblings have always been doted on more than I ever was, though I can see many circumstances to explain this. I don't have a problem with it, I'm just more independent and less sociable due to being an only child for my entire growing up years.
I think you posted about this a while ago. Still no improvement huh?

I'm being serious when I say that you shouldn't feel guilty about leaving your parents behind 'alone' despite the shitty situation. The fact that they're probably (or at least partially) to blame for your sister's behavior shouldn't even matter: you have the right to live your life and shouldn't have to deal with this kind of shit. The important thing is being able to look at yourself in the mirror and say you've done everything to persuade them to deal with the situation properly or get some help

I hope you can find a place of your own despite how difficult that may be right now. Good luck man

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My mom loves-us-but-doesnt-like-us us both equally

Im my dads favorite, since im the only one who gave a shit about him after the divorce. Love that mother ****er
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
we are all treated differently because we are all different, to treat us all the same would be quite strange.
---
I'm the middle child and my dad likes my siblings better than me.
He's pretty much admitted it before (just not to my face) and it kind of shows a lot in how he acts around me. He thinks I'm a waster.

I'll show you, chump.

My mum, however, loves us all equally. Thank you mum.
I have nothing important to say
so my neighbour who worked on irobot with will smit doing the costumes for it is doing one last big movie and needed someone to help her to do costume designs so she asked my sister who is good at art if shed like to, as a result shes now working on gods of egypt (look it up some big name acts in it) at fox studio right next door to where their doing mad max3. so all i hear is how great my sister is and how proud my parents are and who she might be able to get me a job in the music section (whenever my mum mentions this my dad just says no straight up. not that i want a job handed to me anyway) so yeah theres literaly NO WAY i can top that at this point in my life. she was the favourite before now shes gone to astronomical favourite. even though shes had sweet shit all work at all before it in any field when im atleast trying to get my shop off the ground working my ass off and putting every cent i get back into it while trying to support my parents who for some ****ed up reason are constantly broke and "borrowing" 5 dollars which is always 30 or more dollars off me. i said the other day i applied for some apprenterships so id have money saved for my shop when im done and they still havent heard me. SORRY FOR THE FEELS DUMP. seriously they talk over me all the time its ****ing annoying.
Well, I am the favorite since I was a good and obedient kid, but my little bro is getting away with a lot of things I never could as a firstborn, my parents really spoiled him. Makes me regret being a nice guy, ya know.

I guess the times are different now too, back then the country was in post-war shambles, it's better now, but still, I can't help but feel my brother is growing up in the wrong direction.

Anyways, you guys with all those problems - do your best! It's hard, but if you know for sure you can't stop the ship from sinking, better just ditch it.
I noticed that my mom tends to help out my brother and sister more financially than me. Here I am paying all my bills, and they're getting their cell phone, car insurance, etc. paid for them.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I feel like I've had a similiar situation, only not as bad as you had TS.

I tend to think Im treated worse then my sister is, only my dad seems to disagree to the point we got into a fistfight about it.

My sister would ALWAYS tell on me, even now that she's out of the house she tells on me.
Last week i didnt have money and my sister needed some, so I told her I didn't have any too. and she goes to my dad with that shit. I get home and get heaps of shit about how im not responsible and stuff like that. I know I'm not. but I live at home, I pay my dad some money to support him, I have a job, so its MY money. I have some debts I'm paying off and want to keep my social life intact. NO SHIT i dont have any money..

When I told him my sister didn't have cash either he said: "she has her own place now, thats different"...
told him he treats her better then me, after which i walked up the stairs, he kicked my back in from behind, I turned around and punched his face in.
After that we decided to cool off and start fresh.
He still has an aching jaw.

for the record, my sis lives in a shitty appartment with her BF and both have full time, well paid jobs. the rent is 250 for each of them. (inluding internet, water, electric shizzle, gas)
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Dec 20, 2013,
they treat my one sister worse but she deserves it because she is a miserable cunt
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I have a brother who is about 50 and has worked for roughly 4 years out of his life including two years of a four year hitch in the Army.

Mom has bought him 4 houses and something like 10 cars, which he proceeds to total out with in a year or two.

Mom has paid his way through a masters degree, including all living expenses.

Mom has basically made him a walking invalid, and they are both starting to figure that out.

Me, my parents refused to sign the paperwork I needed to take advantage of the college scholarships I had won. So I worked my ass off and learned to make a living with no support.

In the end, I wouldn't get too upset with the sibling that is catered to, they are pathetic at best, and the louder they complain other wise, the more they know just what a waste of oxygen they are.
Quote by seabear70
I have a brother who is about 50 and has worked for roughly 4 years out of his life including two years of a four year hitch in the Army.

Mom has bought him 4 houses and something like 10 cars, which he proceeds to total out with in a year or two.

Mom has paid his way through a masters degree, including all living expenses.

Mom has basically made him a walking invalid, and they are both starting to figure that out.

Me, my parents refused to sign the paperwork I needed to take advantage of the college scholarships I had won. So I worked my ass off and learned to make a living with no support.

In the end, I wouldn't get too upset with the sibling that is catered to, they are pathetic at best, and the louder they complain other wise, the more they know just what a waste of oxygen they are.

your parents must be loaded.

i hate debts
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
your parents must be loaded.

i hate debts

Yeah, not that it has helped me much.
They treat my siblings slightly better because they complain and beg. I feel too shy and bad to act like a shit so I don't get treated as well. When they understandably get angry at those ****ups they take it out on everyone.

The one thing they've taught me well is to never have children. /boo hoo

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I'm sure all of your siblings would all say that you get treated the best.

Angst much?
My older brother and I are treated the same. He is 26, I am 22. We are both treated like children by our parents. But I have a better relationship with our folks because I can get over all the times they stepped over the line of privacy and the disrespect for my decisions. Also, they don't think my SO is complete shit unlike my brother's, so that helps.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by Mephaphil
I'm sure all of your siblings would all say that you get treated the best.

Angst much?

Having to be criticized because i'm working and yet my mum ignores my sisters domestic abuse, not really angst, more bitterness.
Quote by Stud_Muffin

He works as an engineers apprentice and makes about £200 a week, which isn't enough to live by, but is enough to at least contribute to the families economy - none sees where his money goes, as he doesn't buy his own food, clothes or fuel for the car. He also had a drug habit, which he fed by stealing from my family and selling our possessions, but luckily he has kicked it for now.

It isn't massive amounts, but you can live on that, that's between £800-£1000 a month.

Also I'm a twin with no other siblings and we were always pretty much treated the same, and we were treated like adults after we turned 18 which allowed me to move out at 19 and now we pretty much do our own things.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Last edited by ProphetToJables at Dec 20, 2013,
I think i kind of get treated better than my older brother. He got into worse trouble than me when he was caught doing drugs or drinking, and he tends to get away with less, although he never really sets out to cause trouble.

I think part of it was because i never really had friends and had to deal with some bullying when i was younger, whereas he was more social and didn't really get bullied, and now that i think about it, my parents probably saw that i looked up to him, so if he did something bad, they had to discipline him so that a) he didn't do it again, and b) so that i didn't follow in his footsteps.

Having said that, they love us equally and never do anything unfair like give me more money for Christmas or whatever.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by soundgarden1986
i am the one that gets treated the best

Same here.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Try moving out, they'll think your special because you can support yourself, I did this and now its the other way around, my lil bro is no longer the fav because he mooches.
Whats goes around must come down
Page 1 of 2