Hey Guys! Quick question, is it safe to plug the excellent Roland Micro Cube into, well, the sound system at gigs?

I tried this, once long back, but happened to get some charge accumulation on my strings. Pretty nasty. It never happened later though, on that very same gig.

I don't know how stuff like Impedance works in context of these sound systems, so I'm just worried about blowing up my beloved little amp. So, just wanted to know whether it's safe..
Where exactly in the PA system?
You have a line mixer, a mixer with pres, amplified cabs alones... ?

Anyway that headphones/rec out is a line level output so you should be safe if you plug it into some kind of line level input.
Not sure if balanced or not, but that shouldn't really create big problems apart from a not-really-that-good sound.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Where exactly in the PA system?
You have a line mixer, a mixer with pres, amplified cabs alones... ?

Anyway that headphones/rec out is a line level output so you should be safe if you plug it into some kind of line level input.
Not sure if balanced or not, but that shouldn't really create big problems apart from a not-really-that-good sound.

I don't quite remember. The sound worked fine really.. Maybe the shock on the strings was because of the adapter or something else..

Thanks, I'm a little more confident of using that now...
Ive played several gigs that way, should be fine!

One of my local open mic nights they have an in house microcube, straight in the the PA. I'm actually surprised that the sound from it is actually half decent!