Hey there all. I just got a new EJ-200ce (Though believe me.. I spent probably the majority of the time in the store playing the Gibson J-200) Sadly I don't have $4000 to drop like that. They don't pay EMT's enough :P . But anyways I was wondering what would be some good upgrades for this acoustic guitar? Thank you for your time and replies!
"Lara" Epi EJ-200CE
"Nikki" Fender Blues Deluxe

"You know me, I had plans.
But they just disappeared
to the back of my mind."

"Jessi" Airline H78
"Cara" Fender Tele w/ Bigsby
"Hayley" Gibson Les Paul
What don't you like about it?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well I was thinking of trying to get a more boomy/ bass sound (I played tuba for many years.. I know F Me right? Haha jk) I'm using 12's right now on it. But any idea on what to replace the nut, saddle with? I heard bone is good but I've been hearing lots about this Graph Tusq** ? Or something like that? I'll admit I'm not heavily knowledgeable in the field of guitars. But like everything I own.. I like to customize it. You should see my car heh.
"Lara" Epi EJ-200CE

to the back of my mind."

"Jessi" Airline H78
"Hayley" Gibson Les Paul
Yeah the nut would be a good place to start. Maybe a new Bridge (bone) if the stock is plastic

Be careful going up too high of a string gauge can throw out the intonation (because the bridge is fixed). But have you thought about tuning to E flat or D standard? This will give you a deeper sound than E standard
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A well done setup will both improve playability and tone

Next thing I'd try is strings. Try a bunch of different strings and see which set work best with this particular guitar. I have five acoustics and almost all them have different strings, one type does not work for all.

If you're still not happy with the results you can spend a fair bit of money and get a small(ish) gain. Replacing the stock nut, saddle and bridge pins with improved materials will increase sustain, bass response and clarity generally speaking. Bone will be your cheapest option. Bone nut, saddle and bridge pins will run you about $150-200.
Hey thanks for all your helpful responses. I really appreciate not getting bashed for the guitar.. Frankly I was hesitant on posting here.

Anyways yeah well if it's not a huge difference with having bone upgrades.. Maybe I'll hold off on getting it for now.
Anyways I was wondering what do people mean by getting it set up? I'm buying the guitar from L&M here in Canada if that helps.
Also what strings would you suggest? I bought a pack of 12's by Ddarrio** for now. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I know the Gibson J-200's are strung with the Gibson made strings.. Would those be a good choice.
I realize that it's player preference in the end anyways too.
"Lara" Epi EJ-200CE

to the back of my mind."

"Jessi" Airline H78
"Hayley" Gibson Les Paul
Set up means adjusting the action, neck relief and intonation of the guitar. If you like the action and the way it plays you can skip this step
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Update:
Took all the suggestions and finally tuned it to the way I like it.
She sings beautifully now.
Thank you all for your input!
"Lara" Epi EJ-200CE

to the back of my mind."

"Jessi" Airline H78
"Hayley" Gibson Les Paul