Im thinking of buying either the les paul 2014 classic, or 2014 studio pro. What are the tonal differences and others besides price in these guitars. I like the affordability of the studio, and the finish on the classic. It would be for classic rock, blues and 80s metal. What do you suggest. I will only take these models into consideration!

Thanks!
Canada is about 10,000,000 Square Kilometers, Without A Single Guitar Center!
---
Ibanezrocker13
Guitars are not computers, where latest models are the best models.

Also it's not even 2014, not many people, if any, have played such a model, so how would advice be given?

Like what do u want to know?

Sure we can "think" what's best, but that is just a gamble in the dark, especially with something as a guitar, where even 2 of the same model can sound different.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Dec 20, 2013,
Play them when they come out....make your own decision as to what sounds best, works for you.

You can easily search what core differences there are in the materials/controls and features of the two versions on Gibson's site...beyond that you have to play them.

And has been said already, two of the exact same models can sound differently so make sure that where ever you go to try them they have multiples of each.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
find a classic that plays nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
find a classic that plays nice.

Seconded.

BTW, I understand the charm of owning a brand new guitar that no one else has ever played, but if I'm buying a production guitar I'll almost always look for used. The air has gone out of the price, the neck is often "played in" and I don't have to worry about the first ding or the first time I notice wear or checking.
This isn't always true a lot of the time the end of year prices on studios are very copetitve with used prices. I would be looking at both used and 2013 models right now.
As said earlier in this thread, certainly go see for yourself. Go in open-minded. I was dead-set on getting a Les Paul Standard burst last year, played every Les Paul in my price range they had in store and I walked out with an ebony Traditional.
Get a Gibson lpj. All the Gibson quality, only $700
My Electric Guitars:
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Peavey Raptor Plus
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squire Telecaster Affinity (Has many famous musicians signatures so only played once)
Quote by shounakghosh7

They really aren't quality guitars.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by shounakghosh7

Gosh, not even close. I think we decided the "J" in LPJ stood for Junque. I don't mean to offend those who have them, but these are NOT quality guitars by any objective stretch.
I bought a LPJ 2013 for 549.00 at Sweetwater and with a little set up work it is just fine.
Quote by telejojo
I bought a LPJ 2013 for 549.00 at Sweetwater and with a little set up work it is just fine.

Again, my apologies, and I'm glad you like your guitar.

These offer a good opportunity for people who really want a Gibson logo on their guitars to do so cheaply. And the end-of-the-year pricing really makes that even easier.

Objectively, however, if this guitar ($399) (http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100mcsbf.html ) and the LPJ (at $549) both had the same headstock logo (whether Gibson or other) and no visible pricetag, I'd know which I would pick.
Quote by ibanezrocker13
Im thinking of buying either the les paul 2014 classic, or 2014 studio pro. What are the tonal differences and others besides price in these guitars. I like the affordability of the studio, and the finish on the classic. It would be for classic rock, blues and 80s metal. What do you suggest. I will only take these models into consideration!

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing which way you go. Certainly some sweet choices being considered.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75