Well that sucks, another US company gone. I know they produced almost everything overseas, but they were based here
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Should be ok, Yamaha makes excellent budget gear. Will the brands merge into one? Linaha 6?

I'm really looking forward to owning a lawnmower with a multifx built in!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Dec 20, 2013,
Quote by lucky1978
Linaha 6?

We can only hope
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Yamaha is the Toyota of the music world. Not always the best but always good. Real working muso's equipment.
Maybe Spiders will get a decent power amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I agree, and I was thinking about what improvements could be made to the Spiders, but I don't really know anything about what Yamaha has going on in the guitar amp world.

However, I can see budget powered monitors coming specifically designed for the PODs, and that thought tingles my nethers a little bit.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
They still make killer desks and PA power amps.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I hope this will be a good thing. Last thing I need is for a company to **** over something I like. Line 6 has brought in some seriously great stuff, so I hope that nothing gets removed or changes unless for the better.
I agree with Carth. Yamaha is generally known to make a fairly solid product for the working musician.

I expect that we may see some good things come out of this.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well that sucks, another US company gone. I know they produced almost everything overseas, but they were based here

I dunno why, but that made me laugh
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I dunno why, but that made me laugh

I find it more sad than funny. but yeah the wording could have been better I guess
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah i know, it was just the way you worded it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It is kinda sad. The words, made in America, really no longer hold much value. 90% of the time, parts are outsourced from other countries with cheap labour, and then possibly assembled in American.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
^+1

I just hate seeing companies selling out to foreign companies, regardless if they are US companies or not.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Cathbard
Yamaha is the Toyota of the music world.

Lol, that's funny, because Yamaha designed Toyota's performance engines for a long time.

I don't mind, if anything, that means Line 6 will be around for a while, and they'd have plenty of backing for R&D
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Vetta III anyone?

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Just don't ruin any of the current well established line of products. (Variax, POD)
Quote by Clay-man
Just don't ruin any of the current well established line of products. (Variax, POD)

...quality acoustic guitars at a friendly price.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
...quality acoustic guitars at a friendly price.

They don't make acoustic guitars?
Quote by Clay-man

Not line 6, Yamaha.
Quote by Clay-man

Line 6 has made acoustic Variax guitars in the past. They also made a Variax Bass
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
if anyone can fix line 6 it's japan.

they wanted into the modeling amp market, they're in now.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Japan was already into the amp modeling market with the Zoom & Boss units.

I remember reading the early guys that were working with L6 back in 90's are the ones that formed/working with strymon effects.

Yamaha makes excellent PA stuff at afforable prices. Their THR stuff is quite good because it is easy to get good sounds from it without tweaking for days. The Magic Stomp was also excellent in it's day, the effects section is still fantastic to this day. With L6 being acquired by Yamaha it's possibly going to be fantastic to see more innovative & reliable stuff at reasonable prices coming out from them. Yamaha probably has a large R&D resource available anyway from over the years it's been active in the music business