They're so tiny, and they have the handles... It just seems so obvious like they would/should be. But I don't see it mentioned anywhere which leads me to believe they are not.

Huge waste of design/aesthetics if not.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
They're so tiny, and they have the handles... It just seems so obvious like they would/should be. But I don't see it mentioned anywhere which leads me to believe they are not.

Huge waste of design/aesthetics if not.

the width of a rockerverb is ~21 inches. a rack space is 19 inches wide.

beyond that, the front/face of the amp is plastic, not the best for screwing into the front of a rack case. just not sturdy enough to hold screws.

it doesn't seem so obvious to me, i guess the bars on the front might give the 'rackmount' impression, but it is just more like a roll cage for the amp.

that is when i checked out my OR50H's guts. those bars made it really easy to mess with the chassis and push it out the box. it also would have protected the power tubes if i set the amp upside down. brilliant idea if you ask me.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Dec 20, 2013,
You can always get a road case with a rack space built in, something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATA-Ampeg-SVT-Amp-Head-Case-with-4-SPACE-RACK-3-8-/230479424657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a9a4ec91

Though that particular company doesn't list Orange under their cases. I'm guessing because of how big they are with the plastic shell.
The apparent rackmount design with the pull bars is probably more for making amp tweaks and repairs easier. But as some have said, you could get a case maker to make a rackmount case for it. And a lot of pros now have rackmount cases made to house the entire amp head, which would be a better idea.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
That is a very good point about opening the amp, I didn't think about that at all.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X