Oh lawd such art (week 3, songwriting game voting thread, with an awesome POLL)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
4 19%
Song 2
5 24%
Song 3
2 10%
Song 4
0 0%
Song 5
0 0%
Song 6
6 29%
Song 7
3 14%
Song 8
1 5%
Voters: 21.
Page 1 of 2
Hello again.

'Tis that time of the week again, when we unveil our work for the world to judge.

As always, one week to write a song, one song to rule them all.

Every single one of these songs was handpicked by Spiderman and will be part of a charity Christmas CD. All funds go towards "Wheels of Hope", a non-profit organization that allows millions of healthy people world wide to get access to, and use, wheelchairs, and fights for equality, so that healthy people can have fun on any public 15 degree inclination without having to endure scornful looks from disabled people.

Please vote for the best song and remember, base your vote on the song itself, not the quality of the recording.

Without further ado:

1 - "i beat your high scores" (Faux)

2 - "To End It (Damn)" (Joshua1207)

3 - "Electric Sunshine" (nico_9550)

4 - "Rough Stuff FTW (week 3)" (Minicaxotinho)

5 - "Untouchable" (ehbacon)

6 - "One Lonely Ride" (chev311e)

7 - "I Could Just Deny It" (sickman411)

8 - "The Apology" (whywefight)

Honorable mention:
To FoOltz , he has been in the songwriting shadows (wut) of our group, unnoticed and unloved. To FoOltz.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from whywefight, "Cramp Cramp"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday, at around 2AM GMT. I'll post here telling you when. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
It's Christmas, so this week there are two videos! Thanks for being a great sport (because you voted, didn't you?) Two videos, both of Portuguese origins. Don't worry, there are subs (but you won't really be needing them to enjoy this )

Have you ever wanted to till some soil but never knew how? This guy teaches you.

(Turn CC on (subtitles), they're accurate.)

WIBBLY WOBBLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nTAn6E_flE

Second video:
Brazilian guy + Portuguese guy + Castle climbing = lulz

Here are some subs:

Brazilian guy (climbing)
Portuguese guy (filming)

- I'm not gonna make it...
- Aw I'm gonna die...
- Fuck, why did I do this?

(lulz) - Ah retard! (not as offensive as "retard" but similar)
-This one's also loose...
- I'm falling...
- I'm falling!

(trolololol)
- Do you think I can do it now man? Huh?
- Dude, your problem man! (It's more like "only you know if you can do it or not")
- Help me dude
- ME!!??? Dude climb it yourself!
- Huh?
- Do it alone.
- You did that because you wanted to
- Help me dude
- You went by yourself now you get out by yourself
- Duck feet!
- Climb just a little bit more, then you can put you foot there.

- Help me for fucks sake!
- Dude you're almost there, you don't need help
- (lololol)

- Help me goddammit!
-Help me dude!

- (lmao)
- Dude xD

- Help me bro!
- Come on, do it
- I'm gonna fall!

- I'm gonna fall!

- (rofl)

- I'M GONNA FALL!!!!
- No you're not duck fe...

I'M GONNA FAA... EURRGH *crack crack eaten by the vegetation*
- Oh dude! :'(
- *faint moan*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xlmDXaONKg

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1626580

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week we have 2 winners! Joshua1207 with the song "To End It (Damn)" and chev311e, both with 5 votes!
(They'll be mods on our group, until the next voting)

With 3 votes, "i beat your high scores" by Faux, and really close with 2 votes each were the songs "Electric Sunshine" by nico_9550 and "I Could Just Deny It" by sickman411!

Finally, thank you all for voting (and participating). Merry Christmas/other!
See you on Friday, January 4th!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Dec 22, 2013,
Nothing personal

Since it's probably gonna be a busy week, how about we come back in two weeks?
We'd have 2 weeks to write a song, to be submitted until Friday, January 4th.

What do you say?
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Dec 21, 2013,
Faux's is pretty. Really pretty actually. What program do you use Faux? I would pan the tracks a bit so they're not all in the middle, but that's just me

I'm going to vote for Josh though. His song kinda puts mine to shame. I'd love to know what effect he's putting on the guitar.

And yeah, I like that idea. This week was just about my most busy week ever though. Had to record at 3am again.
And yeah, I like that idea. This week was just about my most busy week ever though. Had to record at 3am again.

You know that we'll probably end up recording at that time every week.

I really liked all the songs this week, chev311e's is my favorite though. Its very nicely written.
Quote by FoOltz
You know that we'll probably end up recording at that time every week.

I really liked all the songs this week, chev311e's is my favorite though. Its very nicely written.

Thanks man

I went with Faux's. Really liked the guitar work.
You all did good, number two was my favourite though.

I'm going to participate next round; I already have an idea.
Quote by whywefight
What is your avatar? I have absolutely no clue

Its deku link from Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask.
Quote by whywefight

I'm going to vote for Josh though. His song kinda puts mine to shame. I'd love to know what effect he's putting on the guitar..

Got a few effects going on. Got a delay and reverb on the l/r tracks and got a more airy reverb in the middle track plus tremelo while running my guitar through two different amp sims. and then i just reversed everything I played via reaper
I like to hear everything twice before I vote but I can't listen to it now so the second time will have to be tomorrow.

Anyway, nice songs this week in general. Strong newcomers too.

EDIT: ^Yes, probably.
Last edited by sickman411 at Dec 21, 2013,
Quote by K'Nuckles
Were you guys using some sort of site or are you literally just writing and recording?

What? We write songs in a week and every week there's a thread like this.
I'm working on something currently, but my guitar is at school and I'm not back until the third of January. I'm just writing lyrics now, I could hopefully have something to submit in two weeks time. I'd love to get involved in something like this. Keep up the good work everyone.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Should we extend this week's deadline to the week after or not? (Friday, January 4th)

Yea seems like that's the general consensus. Atleast for me I definitely won't be able to get something done this week.
Ok then,

The next voting thread will be posted Saturday, January 5th at around 2 AM.

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH!

Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Quote by whywefight
Faux's is pretty. Really pretty actually. What program do you use Faux? I would pan the tracks a bit so they're not all in the middle, but that's just me

Thanks man! I just recorded it on this tascam i have and mixed and uploaded it with audacity. Don't know too much about recording/engineering atm. I shall mess with the panning on the next one. There's supposed to be vocals on it but i've been sick all week and lost my voice =(. I'll probably end up recording a finished version of it when I'm better, had a lot of fun writing it.

edit:

Quote by chev311e
Thanks man

I went with Faux's. Really liked the guitar work.

Thanks! :-) I just listened to all the songs it was a toss up for me between yours and sickmans! Loved the melody and lyrics. Your song definitely gave me some feels.
Last edited by Faux at Dec 21, 2013,
Quote by ehbacon
is it just me or does it seem like songs got a bit softer this week? Nothing wrong with that, I quite liked all of them. Again, great stuff everyone.

Mine was softer because I made it in a bit of a hurry and made it just clean chord strums. Anyway, my vote went to Faux. Great tune.
You don't have to submit a song every single week. If it looks like you'll manage in one particular week try to do it that week.
Anyway, if you can't, it sure would be nice if you followed our weekly threads
Quote by K'Nuckles
Yeah I'm gonna give all these (and the previous ones) a listen shortly, I'm listening to the same album for the third time in a row and I'm one of those guys who has to finish.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I don't ever skip tracks either.
To be honest I haven't even seen it now. Wait a sec.

EDIT: Holy crap, I feel really sorry for the guy. The Portuguese guy was an arsehole though, and he had a bit of an annoying accent too.
Last edited by sickman411 at Dec 21, 2013,
Dude that's my accent too xD (EDIT: I think it's my accent too, the only difference is that he sounds a bit like one of those gangsta kids)

And don't feel too bad for the guy, I heard he dropped a joint and went down to get it, then tried to climb that because he thought he could do it (and he was fine after)

Every time I see this I lmao
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Dec 21, 2013,
Quote by macashmack
I like wwf's but he won last week.

If that's the song you like vote for it! Don't let that influence your decision
All you have to do is join the group and post your link to your song on the group page. There's a link to the group in the OP.
Quote by whywefight
maybe

>_>

Can't believe it took me almost two days to realise
Page 1 of 2