Hi,

I'm don't really know much about drum pads but I'm looking for something that can create sounds a bit like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEVXmzHY1lU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDkkK-KHjks

I'm hoping to find something inexpensive and will create a quality sound without being too expensive.
I don't really know what more information is needed so if I left anything out please ask

Thanks
In the first clip it looks like the drummer is using one of these (a Roland SPD-SX) however I assume that's out of your budget since they seem to be £500+ new.

I'm not really very knowledgeable on this subject (I've never integrated electronics into live use), but I guess you could also look at things like the Alesis SamplePad (which seems to be only around £100 new), or get some kind of MIDI trigger pad. The only tricky thing with these two options is that you'd have to source the sounds you want from elsewhere, since the pre-loaded sounds (if there are any) are probably pretty uninspiring and not really what you'd want.

Hopefully this will help you out a little, even though it's probably blind leading the blind here
Thanks for the reply!
The Alesis looks really nice, but my only concern is that it only has four pads. Do you think that would be enough?
Quote by Schadwick43
The Alesis looks really nice, but my only concern is that it only has four pads. Do you think that would be enough?

I guess it depends what you'd be using it for. For the examples you gave, 4 pads should be enough (especially if you use a foot trigger as well), since they only really seem to use kick, snare, hi hats (or equivalent, e.g. the clicks in the 1975 vid). Also remember that you should be able to save different combinations of samples, and then switch back and forth between different setups, so I wouldn't expect you'd need loads of pads anyway.

However, I guess the best way to make sure you pick the right thing is to go try it out for yourself if possible, since that'll allow you to see how it works and what limitations there will be.