I play guitar and do vocals in a 4 piece metal band (guitar/vox, lead guitar, bass, drums). Our stage presence is not very good, and I never know what to say in between songs.

Does anyone know of any videos of smaller 4 piece bands with good stage presence that we could learn from? It's kindof difficult to watch videos of huge bands like Slayer, Metallica, or Machine Head and try to replicate anything that they do on a small stage.
If you're not sure what to say, then keep it short and announce/count in the next song and play. Endless/mindless chatter between the songs bugs the crap out of most concert-goers. They're there to hear music and not listen to a stand-up routine.

We once had to end a gig early because the chick who was singing for us at the time had a little too much "stage presence", LOL. She just wouldn't shut up. Even the band was impatient with her. The club owner came up and told us to call it a night. "The band's great, but that chick's gotta go!" Boy was she pissed at us. "You guys are all a bunch of as$holes and just can't stand to see a woman rocking out!!" :-)
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
talk is cheap......It should come naturally or it´ll be just as akward as seeing Hetfield try to mumble out Words...yes he has gotten better though but if you want stage presence....have a look at greenday...he does "witty stage banter"
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by guitarmageddon0
I play guitar and do vocals in a 4 piece metal band (guitar/vox, lead guitar, bass, drums). Our stage presence is not very good, and I never know what to say in between songs.

Does anyone know of any videos of smaller 4 piece bands with good stage presence that we could learn from? It's kindof difficult to watch videos of huge bands like Slayer, Metallica, or Machine Head and try to replicate anything that they do on a small stage.

Go out to local gigs of bands with followings and see what they do. Basically just move around and get physically into your songs.

Also don't talk between every song, it really ruins the flow of a set. Talk in between every three or so, and let the songs have 1-5 seconds break between them. Mark on the setlist when you're going to talk.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Recommended threads
Stage Presence
darrenram1
Last post:
by scguitarking927