Hi everyone.

I'm looking for my first decent amp and I generally play 60s blues inspired beat/pop music (Spencer davis group, yardbirds, rolling stones, etc.).

I'm looking to spend up to or around the £500 mark on a brand new amp (preferably), I only have a relatively cheap guitar at the moment (Cort G series) but I am looking to buy a better guitar once my bank account recovers from buying this amp, probably a Gretsch (falcon or penguin) or a fender (strat or tele).

In compliance with rules and regulations I live in Richmond, London and it is for home use.

I was thinking a Fender Blues Junior 3 combo.

Thanks in advance.
Vox AC15
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^+1

Vox for sure.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Sweet you found the forum ok

Nice to know i wasn't totally off with the vox thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Would that be an AC15 VR or C1? Is there a near universal opinion of the differences?
Quote by Stuart36
Would that be an AC15 VR or C1? Is there a near universal opinion of the differences?

The AC15c1/cc1 are all tube amps, the AC15vr is a SS amp with one 12ax7 in it.

The AC15c1 is a much better amp, the AC15vr are crap
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah the c1 is the tube amp. I haven't tried either but hybrids (especially hybrids which are basically glorified solid state amps) normally aren't that great.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Typical vox sounds.

My own laney vc30 can also hit in that ballpark.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I'm getting an Egnater Tweaker combo for christmas... Played them many times, great versatile all-tube amps. I do agree that you can't go wrong with a Vox. But definitely the c1, not the valve reactor ones.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Yamaha APX500
Martin Backpacker (For those warm summer nights )

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon