hey guys, got a little problem... ive been playin guitar for 7 years, and the last year or so my right forearm hurts a little, when i play hard stuff for the right arm, like master of puppets with just downstrokes, flight of the bumblebee, a few a7x songs like natural born killer, crossroads, and other stuff like that. i have been able to play this for a few years be4 without it hurting, and i havent changed pickingtechnique or anything...
so what u guys think? will it go away with more training, should i go seek up a doctor, or do i need to change technique overall? ( something i really dont wanna do...)
any input is appreciated!

/ jonatan 17 from sweden ;P
do this

put yr guitar down
buy a macbook
press play

your problem is solved yeh

booped into Guitar Techniques
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by MinterMan22
do this

put yr guitar down
buy a macbook
press play

your problem is solved yeh

Yeh +1 except just record it at half speed and speed it up.
Ok first, if you could play all this stuff but your arm has just started hurting then it's not a terrible idea to go to a doctor. It could be, and probably is, nothing at all to worry about but you can never be too careful with this kind of thing.

Secondly, I would put this down, in all likelihood, to you playing with a substantial amount of tension in your arm when you're playing up to speed which is catching up with you. In terms of technique you need to relax and to do that you're going to have to slow down and examine your technique. Then slow down more and practice playing this kind of thing with as little tension in your body as possible; not just your arm but your whole body. Playing guitar is a holistic thing and if you're holding tension in other places it can adversely affect your playing in unexpected ways.

In all honesty, most of this is guess work; it's impossible to tell for sure one way or another without seeing you play but I reckon my educated guesses are at least reasonably accurate.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.