A few minutes ago I was playing my guitar and over 3-5 seconds, the volume got quieter until it completely died out. Now i'm unable to play on either channel of the amplifier and I have also checked with a different guitar which also isn't working.

I have a Marshall DSL15C which I have had to send back to the shop twice now due to faulty tubes. Does this also sound like a tube issue? Also, would I be out of my rights to discuss maybe a refund or exchange due to the multiple problems I have had with this amplifier since purchase, which was just over a year ago now. I'm asking this because I'm not 100% sure how often these tubes are supposed to be breaking, but I'm assuming it isn't every 4 months.
It does sound like tubes.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
tubes, might try another shop maybe to see what someone different has to say. Then if its tubes again (which I believe it is) sell it or use it for parts, if its burning tubes like that then its time to lay it to rest mho
What is happening to you is unacceptable.

What shop are you sending it back to?

If all they are doing is putting new power tubes in and it keeps failing then obviously it is not the tubes (pretty sure anyway). Something else is going on with the amp imo. I would demand a brand new one under warranty - that is if you truley like the amp. Otherwise, ask for a refund and get something else.

Power tubes, even cheap ones, should last several years.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What is happening to you is unacceptable.

What shop are you sending it back to?

If all they are doing is putting new power tubes in and it keeps failing then obviously it is not the tubes (pretty sure anyway). Something else is going on with the amp imo. I would demand a brand new one under warranty - that is if you truley like the amp. Otherwise, ask for a refund and get something else.

Power tubes, even cheap ones, should last several years.

I had my suspicions aswell to be honest. The shop is Andertons and the service has been great when it comes to repairing my amp, but it's unacceptable that this has happened three times.

I'm hoping I won't be too far out of my rights to ask for an exchange for a brand new amp.
they aren't finding the problem, they are just putting a Band-Aid on the problem to keep you (the inexperienced consumer) coming back to spend money. And btw, I would most certainly ask for an exchange.
Either get a new amp or get them to fix it properly free of charge.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals