Can some one tell me the difference between the SR505/605/705/805. I don't understand the price differences in them they have the same bridge same pickups, equaliser, neck and fret board. The only differences i see is the 605 has an ash wood body and the others have a mahogany body with different tops. So why is there such a price difference?
Quote by MADRAMELECH
Can some one tell me the difference between the SR505/605/705/805. I don't understand the price differences in them they have the same bridge same pickups, equaliser, neck and fret board. The only differences i see is the 605 has an ash wood body and the others have a mahogany body with different tops. So why is there such a price difference?

Each model of Ibanez SR (and ATK, BTB etc.) is slightly better than the last, so an SR605 uses slightly better materials than the SR505. Another thing to keep in mind is that Ibanez works in tiers with its models, and as far as I know it's as such:

GSR - Entry Level
SR300 to SR400 - Lower intermediate (Slightly better than the GSR)
SR500-SR900 - Intermediate (good workhorses)
SR1000 and up - High quality "premium" basses.

So essentially, the SR805 is very slightly better than the SR705 etc, and that is why it is more expensive. Generally speaking the extra money is NOT worth it unless there is a very particular feature on the "better" bass you're looking for.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Basically, you are looking at a series of upgrades as you go up through the line. It starts with better quality woods, and moves up to better/more versatile electronics. My old SRX505 is still one of my best 5-string basses. A pity they discontinued it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley