I wanted a modeling amp with lots o settings 500$ to throw around and im up for anything. i play metal classic rock acdc gnr boston metallica megadeth etc... i like alot alot of settings. and while im posting is the bandit 112 any good? i might buy one because it sounds really good on utube but then again id need to try it out. Thanks a heap.
I had the bandit 112, it's not a modelling amp. It's just a bog standard solid state. Peavey Vypyr's old range are the best bang for buck modelling amps. Their new VIP series isn't so good and a used Vypyr Tube 60 combo will be your best solution.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Pretty obviously the Vyper Tube 60. You've got enough $. I've never tried one but they're suggested a lot by the people in the know.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Try to either get a Vypyr Tube 60 or a Vypyr 100 from the old series (not the VIP ones because they suck donkey balls in my opinion).
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Quote by Lavatain
I had the bandit 112, it's not a modelling amp. It's just a bog standard solid state. Peavey Vypyr's old range are the best bang for buck modelling amps. Their new VIP series isn't so good and a used Vypyr Tube 60 combo will be your best solution.

i know the bandit isn't a modelling amp but it sounded pretty sick to me