Yamaha buys Line6.

They say Line6 will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary, but I can't help but think that there will be some tech swap going on...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1627345

GG&A beat you to it

Agreed about the tech swapping though. Whenever companies buy each other out, no matter how much they say they're going to be kept separate, sooner or later they realise that they're competing against themselves and the products start merging.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Curses! Ninja'd again!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

A melding of Line 6's POD/M series effects and Yamaha's THR amps on a larger scale can only be a good thing for the budget conscious musician.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Yamaha's also got a fairly decent pedigree in musical instruments.

I didn't even know Line 6 was up for sale; geez, those guys could have mentioned it last time I was up in Calabasas. I *do* have a checkbook...

The real question at this point might be "What direction is Line 6 going?" For a relatively small company, they have quietly built the largest market share of the amplifier market (selling well over a million Spyder amps, for starters), they've got a chunk of the mid-range modeler market, their guitar division is going well, and they've just launched their pro audio department. QSC isn't shaking in its boots and Meyer seems pretty comfortable, but I'm thinking that Mackie certainly needs to watch its back and Allen&Heath needs to think about just how modern its bottom end looks to the entry-level buyer. Traditionally, the first iteration of Line 6 products tests the waters; the second gen kicks ass and takes names.
I always enjoy my ToneCore pedals. Again, a lot there for the budget conscious musician: tones + flexibility + tank-like construction.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 22, 2013,
if Yamaha bought Line 6 then there's something in there they want , Yamaha definetly whats something out of the deal for sure
Quote by Fumble fingers
if Yamaha bought Line 6 then there's something in there they want , Yamaha definetly whats something out of the deal for sure

When one company buys another, money is usually the motivating factor. Sometimes that translates to "access to patents" or "access to a whole bunch of smart people" or "access to a market or a reputation we didn't have before."
The only thing that Line 6 makes that's actively BAD is the UX audio interface series. I expect to see good shit.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.