I've been using Ernie Ball Super Slinkys for the past few years, and haven't had a problem with restringing my floyd rose guitar using these. However, after about a year of not really playing or changing the strings, I'm running into some trouble.

After tuning to standard on the new strings, the bridge is still sunken into the guitar. I was under the impression that when not changing guages, messing with the springs in the back wasn't necessary, as the tension on the bridge doesn't change. Am I wrong, and do I need to adjust the springs in the back even if I didn't change the string brand or guage?
booped into GG&A
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
What has changed?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by thrashrokz33
I've been using Ernie Ball Super Slinkys for the past few years, and haven't had a problem with restringing my floyd rose guitar using these. However, after about a year of not really playing or changing the strings, I'm running into some trouble.

After tuning to standard on the new strings, the bridge is still sunken into the guitar. I was under the impression that when not changing guages, messing with the springs in the back wasn't necessary, as the tension on the bridge doesn't change. Am I wrong, and do I need to adjust the springs in the back even if I didn't change the string brand or guage?

Simple, if it's not level you need to adjust the springs in the back til it is. It's not hard at all.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
^that. the springs in the back of your guitar may be starting to give a bit. also any major weather changes (summer/winter and humidity) can affect the spring tension and worst case mess with the neck bowing a bit. check the springs first before you check the neck. take it to someone if you don't know how to check for bowing and don't mess with your neck's truss rod. you'll do more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing.
Quote by shredwoodforest
^that. the springs in the back of your guitar may be starting to give a bit. also any major weather changes (summer/winter and humidity) can affect the spring tension and worst case mess with the neck bowing a bit. check the springs first before you check the neck. take it to someone if you don't know how to check for bowing and don't mess with your neck's truss rod. you'll do more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing.

Alright, I figured it might have something to do with temperature, but wasn't expecting my springs had given out. Thanks.