On the advice of a friend a long time ago, I used Dunlop's Big Stubbies (3 mm) for a loooon time, but I had some very thin .38 mm picks too for acoustic strumming. I tried them the other day on my electric and I ended up really liking the sound they make. Thinking of sticking to them for a while...
.60 Dunlop Tortex "the wedge"
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by JustRooster

Is that your girlfriend

Just messin with you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well...for me, it depends on a few things. The guitar, venue size sometimes but mostly, again, considering where we play it's the drummer. The harder he hits it the thicker the pick. Usually I play a Clayton Ultra .45 with the tele. I prefer a Clayton Standard .63 with the strat and with the SG or LP I have been using Dunlop Adams Graphite but unfortunately they have been discontinued. Luckily they are very durable and I have a good supply of them. I play all in the triangle shape.
Last edited by HotDan! at Dec 22, 2013,
I have a pretty thick one made of bronze that I like, it's hard to explain but it makes the strings feel like... like you're really digging into them, but very soft at the same time. Hard to explain. I also have a Dugain one made of bone but I like it less. Too stiff and rounded.
John Petrucci Jazz III. Whatever they happen to be.

I've yet to find a pick that feels as nice as they do.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
1.14 Dunlop Black Fang. To me, they feel like a great midpoint between the sharpness of a Jazz III and the fullness of a standard sized pick. Equally great for soloing and rhythm.
So far my main is a Jazz III EJs, but I have been picking back up the Tortex 1.14mm again. I wanna try the Jazz III Ultex though...
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Generally prefer 1.2. Mostly Ibanez Standard Series.
I like those Dunlop Big Stubby as well.
I'm using these...

Raptor Guitar picks.
I use the pencil end for picking and the other ends for strumming.
After years of using Jazz III XL's, I switched to 1.0mm Dunlop Ultex's a few months ago.

I'm really in love with the grip and tone of the Ultex. It easily has the best grip, to my hands at least, of any pick I've ever played. The material seems to retain it's "grip-ability" even with sweaty hands. Tonally, the pick seems to add some brightness and clarity, in addition to a nice balanced tone.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.