Hey, just wondering if anyone would have an idea on how he gets this tone. I realise he has an expensive as **** amp and guitar, so I'm more interested in what pedals he might be using.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HmiSaAGB3Ng&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHmiSaAGB3Ng

I have a digitech whammy and a fuzz factory (which is currently broken) but I am wondering what else there may be. Possibly a synth pedal? Some midi thing?
Anything to get close to that phat fuzzy electronic sounding tone cheers
Yeah, best I can say is that it's a pissed off Fuzz Factory for most of it.
Custom Manson telecaster with built-in Kaoss pad and Fuzz Factory -> Diezel VH4 -> Soldano Cab

It’s a pretty simple rig. Both the Kaoss pas and the Fuzz Factory take considerable skill to use without sounding like Thurston Moore rolling down an escalator.
Just a fuzz factory into a clean amp? Nothing else like an octave pedal or anything else to give it that 'computerized' sound, if you know what i mean?
I'll experiment a lot when my fuzz factory is fixed, and eventually i'll get mbk pickups which will improve my tone again. Would it depend a lot on the amp? I have a marshall dsl 100, i think the amp matt uses here is a marshall 1959HW 100 watt head. I doubt it would depend that much on the amp, especially if i get those pickups i mentioned.
Are you sure he isn't using a marshall 1959HW in this video? Because it would explain a lot if he was using the diezel here.
Quote by Remain Wise
Just a fuzz factory into a clean amp? Nothing else like an octave pedal or anything else to give it that 'computerized' sound, if you know what i mean?

Isn’t that what the Kaoss Pad is for?
Quote by Remain Wise
Just a fuzz factory into a clean amp?

Quote by NakedInTheRain
from what i've read that's a fuzz factory into the lead channel of whatever amp he's using.

Quote by jpnyc
Isn’t that what the Kaoss Pad is for?

nope. he uses the kaoss pad for its own synths that run in parallel with the guitar signal. there's a demo of his custom manson where the guy uses the effects on the kaoss pad to affect the guitar tone, but that model has a kaoss pad built into the guitar, as opposed to matt's actual guitar, which has an XY midi controller pad stylised like the kaoss pad interface, which controls the kaoss pad in his rack setup/by his pedalboard/wherever he puts it.
Custom Manson guitar with a Fuzz Factory, SPLIT into a Marshall 1959HW (Cranked), a Diezel VH4, a Kemper that's probably modeling an AC30, Soldano, or both, then out to Acoustic Mills 4x12 Cabinets. Also, he's probably utilizing a Dickinson combo amp he has on stage for some extra feedback.
He's always using all of the amps, his tech just blends in different amps for different sounds.