It's Christmas, the best time to surprise myself with a brand new guitar, a seven-string.

My budget is 700$, that is the maximum amount I'm willing to pay for the guitar. Any quality ones in this price range?

I would use it for heavy metal riffing and shredding. I usually play along to Andy James, Marco Sfogli and bands such as Allegaeon or Ovid's Withering. Looking for a comfortable guitar with a great feel and heavy sound.

Many people have told me that a wise choice would be an Ibanez RG7321, but due to apparent company issues, I wouldn't be able to get one until the end of February. Same with Gibsons. I can't wait that long! I'm sure there are plenty of other cool guitars out there, so I thought I'd ask around.

I don't have a specific brand in mind, the only thing I care about is the quality of the guitar.
Quote by TBR1450

I don't have a specific brand in mind, the only thing I care about is the quality of the guitar.

I think most people do, mate.
Looking for a comfortable guitar with a great feel and heavy sound.

Again, this is really vague and subjective.

There could be a hundred guitars to choose from that fit your requirement. Please be more specific.

Also, the fact that you left it this late to get a guitar means that the chances of getting a guitar you like by then is probably out of the window. Never rush into buying a guitar. Accept that you probably won't get a guitar until after xmas.

You could just get a vanilla Ibanez 7 string, but it is of no harm to expand your options.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 23, 2013,
I'd go with a higher end Ibanez 7 if that's what you're into... Maybe an RG or S7420

I'm also a fan of Agile's 7 string guitars.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by konfyouzd

I'm also a fan of Agile's 7 string guitars.

Rondo Music has a really large selection of 7-string Agiles right around your price range, including their Pendulum (fan-fret multiscale) guitars, with and without trems and with active or passive pickups.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Also, the fact that you left it this late to get a guitar means that the chances of getting a guitar you like by then is probably out of the window. Never rush into buying a guitar. Accept that you probably won't get a guitar until after xmas.

This has nothing to do with my question. I'm looking for suggestions not people telling me how I should manage my time. I know I will not be able to buy one today or next week or the week after, but I'm completely fine with that.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There could be a hundred guitars to choose from that fit your requirement. Please be more specific.

Yes, but you can always recommend a series or a guitar that you have personal experience with. I don't know much about seven-strings and I'm looking for a little guidance, not a list with all the possibilities. I'll do the research myself anyway.
I'd look at going used and going the LTD route.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
I'd save up just a bit more and go for the new Ibanez Iron Label S 7-string.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by TBR1450
This has nothing to do with my question. I'm looking for suggestions not people telling me how I should manage my time. I know I will not be able to buy one today or next week or the week after, but I'm completely fine with that.
I remember my first guitar was an Xmas present. Ended up getting it in February! Better to get something you want than rush and get something worse.

OT: What would be nice to know is how you like your neck (thin/thick?) and scale length you would prefer... The first brands that come to mind are Agile and Ibanez for 7s. I'm sure there are others I'm blanking on.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by TBR1450

You implied it as being an issue.
It's Christmas, the best time to surprise myself with a brand new guitar, a seven-string.

I wouldn't be able to get one until the end of February. Same with Gibsons. I can't wait that long!

Yes, but you can always recommend a series or a guitar that you have personal experience with. I don't know much about seven-strings and I'm looking for a little guidance, not a list with all the possibilities. I'll do the research myself anyway.

Because anybody's recommendations are going to be biased, outside of objective matters such as the quality of the bridge for example, (if it's a floyd rose you want) the only really useful knowledge you can attain is to try guitars out.

I can only guide you down the right path if you can tell me more about your preferences. Otherwise, I'm going to recommend guitars you might not like. But assuming you just want a guitar with a 'heavy sound' and you're into 'shredding', I suppose I'd recommend something like an Ibanez RG 1527, or a MIJ Jackson SLAT7 off ebay. But that depends on if you want a Floyd Rose. But I don't know that because you haven't specified if you want one.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Schecter Omen 7-Active?
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
As others have said, you're really not giving us much to work with here...

Do you want active or passive pickups? Do you want a floyd rose or a set bridge? Do you want a bolt-on or set neck? I think you should at least answer these basic questions...
Alright.

I love active pickups, EMGs sound pretty great on my other guitar. Floyd rose is a big no, I was thinking about a hard-tail, fixed bridge guitar. I don't really have experience with a bolt-on neck, so a set neck is a plus.
What tunings you reckon you'll be playing in? because if it's anything low like drop G or lower, may be good to look into getting an ERG (26.5/27" scale). Thing about the Ibanez's is that almost all of them are 25.5" scale. Well, except for the RGDs.
Quote by TBR1450
Alright.

I love active pickups, EMGs sound pretty great on my other guitar. Floyd rose is a big no, I was thinking about a hard-tail, fixed bridge guitar. I don't really have experience with a bolt-on neck, so a set neck is a plus.

There is nothing wrong with bolt-on necks, but okay.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H1007STBLK/
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Been looking at Agiles but unfortunately, they are not available in Hungary. **** this country.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There is nothing wrong with bolt-on necks, but okay.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H1007STBLK/

This would be the perfect guitar for me, hands down.

Quote by ambler3
What tunings you reckon you'll be playing in?

I kinda go rough on tunings. There are days I feel like using dropped tunings, then there are days when I just play jazz or old school rock.

I also considered buying an 8-string and have found these two: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-CA/products/search.php?partno=2916280568
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_page13.php?data_id=100&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=1&series_id=148