I have a very basic recording setup for metal. I run my guitar through my rp355 digitech pedal, then into my COMPUTER. I have to say, my distorted tone is terrible. What would be a simple (maybe even free?) way to get a basic good distortion to show up in my recordings. Using the preset distortions from the pedal simply will not work, they are terrible!! I am looking for a simple setup, what are some of your all's simple metal setups for recording? I run through cubase LE4. Are there any other DAW's that already have distortions that come with them?
Last edited by downtuned123 at Dec 23, 2013,
You're running your guitar into a pedal and the pedal in to your guitar? That doesn't sound right!
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by downtuned123
I run my guitar through my rp355 digitech pedal, then into my guitar.

What!?!

You need to go read the Interfaces sticky, then the Amp Sims sticky, buy proper kit & stop using the RP355 altogether.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by ChemicalFire
You're running your guitar into a pedal and the pedal in to your guitar? That doesn't sound right!

EDIT!! sorry, guitar into my pedal (serves as my ai) and then into my computer... dohh. Do you think the rp355 is a bad ai? will it really affect my tone? Sorry, I am just trying to find a way to get a good full distortion sound in my recordings.
Well it's not gonna help it, it's an effects pedal first, audio interface second. It's not gonna be a great interface.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Well it's not gonna help it, it's an effects pedal first, audio interface second. It's not gonna be a great interface.

Understood. Thanks!