Hi there right now im running a traynor ycs custom 90 watt combo(very similar to jcm2000) and im looking for a good boost to push the cleans a little bit into breakup and something to tighten up lead tones. Right now I have a boss bd2 that I am not really fond of with this amp as my amp seems to come out sounding muddy with it. And a ts7 modded to ts808 specs that i love but something with it isnt quite right because it doesnt output much total volume. I am debating between going for something like the ts9 or sd1 but am also intrigued by the zakk wylde overdrive and the fulltone ocd. Im open to other suggestions but would appreciate if it was under 200$.
i haven't tried it, but from what i hear, the visual sound route 808 is a ts with more output volume.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you prefer a crispier tone (sd1ish) the Fultone Fulldrive 2 is a killer boost pedal.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Try just a clean boost I use one in front of my ts and it works
very well to up my volume without changing my tone.
Try just a clean boost I use one in front of my ts and it works
very well to up my volume without changing my tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried it, but from what i hear, the visual sound route 808 is a ts with more output volume.

What Dave said. Ive got one myself and it is what he's said.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Digitec Hardwire CM-2 overdrive. does the tubescreamer thing and give you a more gain option as well. also has a far better eq set up.
i dont really need more gain on tap just something to push my amp clean into a slight over drive or as a boost with my amps overdrive. Ive found im almost never impressed with any pedal in terms of overdrive when compared to a cranked tube amp. I just want something to push the front end for warm blues which the ts and bd2 get me close for but then i want something to tighten up my drive tone for metal
I think im just going to fiddle around with a bunch and try em out / buy em and go from there.
timmy
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ isn't the east river just a tubescreamer? honestly if you already have a ts and it's nearly there but just doesn't have enough boost, you can't just randomly buy pedals (at least if you want to get good results and not just waste money for nothing). you need to do a little research and find out what pedals are a ts with more volume boost on tap. like the visual sound, as i said.

there are other pedals with more boost on tap too which aren't necessarily TSes. But if you don't like the BD2, you might not want a more transparent overdrive.

Quote by Carrot
What Dave said. Ive got one myself and it is what he's said.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 24, 2013,